- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Facilities Manager-Property Department
Transnet National Port Authority
From December 2010
• Inspect property portfolio
• Identifies Maintenance required
• Safety precaution in terms of OHS Act
• SLA agreement in terms of maintenance
• Quantify work
• Prepare Bill Of quantity
• Send specification to procurement for bid purposes
• Chair site briefing to clarify specification to tenders
• Bid Evaluation report to Port Acquisition Committee for the award of work
• Inspection of contractors work
• Certify invoices for payment
• Supervision of staff
• Maintenance of vegetation control, horticulture, pest control, Sanitation, cleaning services through the entire port.
• Facilities Management budget
• Minor works submission and capital projects motivation.
• Make sure that in terms of maintenance we don't lose value to our property
• Cooperate branding and maintain company image
November 2008 - November 2010
• Inspect the property portfolio
• Identify maintenance requirements
• Identifies safety precaution in terms of OHS act
• Measure and quantify maintenance requirements
• Prepare schedules
• Retain cost records per project and check the availability of funds from our finance manager
• Allocate cost based on maintenance liability
• Assess complaints from our clients in terms of maintenance
• Obtain quotation/tenders and ensure approval
• Appoint contractor's for maintenance
• Manage maintenance projects
• Perform inspection on job completion
• Sign invoices for payment and payment certificate
• Submission for the appointment of consultant
• Contractor's database review quarterly
Building Inspector and Law Enforcement Officer
October 2005 - October 2008
• Site Inspection, scrutinizing of building plans and conducting site inspection, Giving advice and information to clients and members of the public. Conducting inspections within Ethekwini Municipality from foundation level until completion.
• Ensuring builders are complying with National Building Regulations and Occupational Health and Safety Act. Issuing completion Certificate when the building is completed.
• Issue contravention notices and issue fines for non-compliance with National Building Regulation Act.
• Control work performed by contractors and assist with planning of maintenance programme, monitor on site work and quality control.
• Maintain database for building contractors and check non-compliance.
• Liaise with client department; manage various resources and staff development.
• Advise contractors and give guidance regarding municipal by-laws. Public assistance and general admin. Also interim evaluations. Maintaining appropriate registers and records and submits statistical information to the Principal Building Inspector.
March 2005 - September 2005
• Undertake an interim valuation, conducting site inspection and record building details. To establish contacts with the owner/director/architect/engineer to explain purpose of site inspection and subsequent valuation and valuations adjustments.
• Check design, construction methods and material used for each component of the building. Checking condition and age of the building to calculate depreciation. Checking for Structural defects and calculate settlement, if the building on the site is in conflict with our records we check with District Building inspector for amended plans and measure building on site and value accordingly.
• Reproduce scale drawings showing accurate dimensions and calculating the area of each building component.
• Undertake demolition/partial demolition valuations of residential, industrial, commercial and specialized building.
April 2004 - October 2008
PROJECT CO-ORDINATOR and HEALTH & SAFETY REP
April 2004 - February 2005
• Construction in rural infrastructures
• Co-coordinating with Management & Communities concerning the Councils levels of service, Co-coordinating with Project Funder's and Service Provider's. Initiate relationships with Council and Traditional Chief involved community representatives to ensure that all are informed of development and thus creating a secure working environment.
• Attend community meeting to establish requirement for water and sanitation in the community and report to Management all details including location and ensure that community labour and local sub-contractors are used and trained according to the skills requirement for the project and for community upliftment.
• Ensuring that after training they receive certificate and placement of candidates to the project is done accordingly.
• Induction of local labour and sub-contractor's
TECHNICAL SALES PERSON
April 2003 - April 2004
• General Sales, Quotation, General Admin, Credit Request.
• Attending complaints, Site Visits, Stock Control, Ordering stock & Stationery.
ASSISTANT SITE AGENT
June 2002 - March 2003
• Community meeting with Tribal Authority informs them about the project, their role and what's required from them, to check if the project is feasible.
• Check availability of local labour, sub-contractors; local supplier and plant before the commencement of the project.
• Check central area for site offices, access and security
• Setting out of work, Leveling, Programming, Quantities, Supervision, Keeping site Diary, Attending Site Meetings, Monthly Certificate,
• Progress Report to the Steering Committee.
PROJECT - KWAHLABISA MAIN ROAD - 11 MILLION
May 1999 - May 2002
• Setting out of work, Interpretation of drawing, Level, Quantities, Sites Diary and Quality Control.
• Tender costing, Quantities and Invoices.
PROJECTS - UMLAZI BB ROAD WIDENING -350 000, WENTWORTH ROAD WIDENING - 420 000. PHOENIX TENNIS COURTS - 700 000 & ROAD WIDENING 400 000. KWAMASHU &
NTUZUMA BUS STOPS -200 000
RENOVATION OF LAMONTVILLE CLINICS - 128 000
KWALINDA & KWADABEKA COMMUNITY HALLS - 160 000
Qualifications & Certifications
Durban University of Technology
Coastal Kzn College
University of Free State
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more