I am a hotelier and hospitality manager of over twenty years managing some of the best hotels and catering facilities in East Africa.
My experience includes Food & Beverage management and cost control systems, banqueting services, functions and event planning, staff training and Oil & Gas catering services.
I have participated in setting standard operating procedures in hotels, restaurants and related establishments that have helped companies attain operational efficiencies.
I have accumulated valuable experience and skills in my professional career that would add great value to hotel, hospitality and catering establishments in a diversity of settings.
Hotel, Restaurant, Catering management
Camp Management Consultant
Ardan Risk & Support Services Ltd
October 2012 - October 2012
- A professional hospitality manager with total commitment to honesty, integrity, individual growth and team development
- An adherent and disciple of HACCP principles of operations
- A trainer and motivational management operative
- Consultant in standard and safe operating procedures for the hospitality industry
Hospitality Management Services Ltd
March 2011 - March 2011
Business strategy management and development
Market information and research
Royal Garden Hotel
October 2009 - October 2011
Saw the hotel from pre-opening with basic facilities to world class conference facilities.
Set up operating standards and procedures
Staff recruitment and training
Marketing and new business development
September 2007 - May 2008
Food & Beverage management, Catering services, Events planning.
Twiga Oil Well Drilling Camp - Tullow Oil
Catering and Facilities management
Ensonko Hospitality Solutions Ltd
Setting up a start-up business in the competitive hospitality sector. Developing and attracting new business with focus on the travel and Safari business, hotel accommodation, Event planning and execution, outside catering, Camp management as part of the larger business development plan.
This is an overview of my broad-based hospitality industry experience. Each step on my current career path has allowed me to develop qualifications and experience that fit in with the intricacies of hotel and hospitality management.
In summary, these include:
• Experience managing a hotel and conference facility with annual sales in excess of $10 million.
• Progressively responsible management and human-resource experience with several properties.
• Expertise using varied proprietary budgeting, human resources, reservations, and finance packages.
• Diploma level education in hotel and hospitality management, supplemented by broad experience and professional development and training in some of the best hotel properties in East Africa.
To date, my positions have ranged from trainee to Food & Beverage Manager, Hotel Manager, to General Manager of some of the best hotels in Juba, South Sudan. I am currently engaged I offering consultancy services to catering companies in the Oil and Gas sector.
I have had hands-on experience in operation of conferences, special events, training, front office, housekeeping, reservations, cost controls, and operations report making.
As you will see from my resume, I have been involved in the hotel and hospitality management for over 20 years. While my present position is challenging and rewarding, being a consultant for Ardan Risk & Support Services Ltd, which provides a wide range of services to Oil prospecting companies, I have a passion for the kind of challenges that this position offers
Qualifications & Certifications
KENYA UTALII COLLEGE
Kenya Utalii College
Nakuru High School
Nakuru High Scool
Kisii High School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more