Claim you profile
Oldbury, England, UK
Citizens Advice Bureau
October 2012 - March 2013
• Engaged with and interviewed clients from various backgrounds
• Dealt with telephone inquiries, booked appointments and advised them on various issues
• Explored options and implications with regards to benefits, employment, housing
• Imparted information appropriately to people with differing levels of knowledge
• Kept up to date with the changes in the law
• Acted where necessary, on behalf of the client, negotiated, drafted and written letters
• Compiled clear and accurate case records
• Supported team members with training, problem solving
• Interpreted for Bengali speaking clients
July 2010 - December 2011
Promoted and marketed effective participation of young people who have experienced violence
• Visited care homes, youth centres; to ensure young people's needs are being met
• Ensured organisations were committed in projects which assisted in combating violence against children
• Handled confidential information
Volunteer Assistant Youth Worker/Admin
Darlaston Youth Centre
September 2010 - March 2011
• Led various activities and projects
• Delivered sessions to the young people, who were facing certain issues on a daily basis.
• Planned and organised events and projects; such as International Women's Day and film premiere launch
• Negotiated and budgeted which saved the organisation money
• Carried out risk assessments
• Handled bookings
• Dealt with telephone inquiries
• Managed session plans
• Regularly updated database on the computer system
• Managed filing system
• Supported team members with administrative duties.
Walsall Youth Service
July 2008 - August 2008
• Dealt with situations on the spot
• Assisted mentees in overcoming issues and barriers faced on a daily basis
• Provided general care, advice and guidance to mentees
• Supported mentees with English and Maths
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Wolverhampton
Darlaston Community Science College
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more