Claim you profile
I am a Research Strategist with 20+ years of qualitative research experience & a passion for delivering actionable consumer insights for Fortune 100 companies (J&J, Colgate–Palmolive, L’Oreal, Universum, Unilever, YUM Brands, Angstrom Fuel Cell Technology, Caterpillar, & AC Nielsen Int'l Research). I have extensive experience in global consumer product/package development, concept development, positioning assessment, & employer branding.
Led programs & qualitative research projects that drove measurable results & prompted multiple product platform ideas …
Achieved 8–year track record with J&J Consumer Products Strategic Research Program refining new product/package positioning/claim opportunities (Johnson’s Baby/Kids Personal Products/Toiletries, Aveeno, Neutrogena).
Launched groundbreaking J&J Children’s Insight program that ran 5 yrs and modeled for the Johnson’s Kids Franchise Worldwide. Designed & led research for the innovation & market launch of Johnson’s Kids Super Sudzer (e–z grip soap).
Researched winning strategy & positioning for Teen Anti–Smoking Campaign for the NJ Department of Health; identified target and gained access into rural, suburban, & urban NJ schools with students of diverse socio–economic & demographic backgrounds.
Hired by Universum to conduct US focus groups with graduate students (NYU, Wharton, Univ of Chicago, Stamford, & Harvard) and employees from Silicon Valley for leading consulting group’s hiring strategy resulting in a change of position as “best places to work.” Facilitated internal employee focus groups that churned out actionable results for the Credit Suisse & Schneider Electric employer brand.
Conceptualized & managed one–year project to expand johnsonsbaby.com visibility through bold ideas for website redesign (format & content); spurred a significant increase in hits & revenue.
My expertise helps companies deliver on the promise of new ideas and expansion of new products.
Strategic Research Consultant
MJD Qualitative Research
August 1999 - August 1999
* Pioneered custom Nielsen research study to deepen understanding of consumers’ attitude toward KelsenBisca’s Royal Dansk Danish Butter cookies; recommendations led to new package design.
* Researched consumer reactions to Anti–Dandruff Shampoo package designs as they related to the new anti–dandruff shampoo concept. Identified winning package and modifications to create product appeal; product launched in 2011.
* Initiated the right research providing actionable new insights for market leader baby & adult sunscreen, hair color and laundry products / packaging, group restaurant decison–making and eating dynamics, point of purchase effectiveness in driving sales for multi–brand restaurants.
* Developed key strategies after leading on–campus research (University of Arizona and Indiana University) to determine career expectations and how students prefer employer communication during the recruitment process.
* Met challenge of leading an HR organizational behavior effort that involved pinpointing and problem-solving J&J’s Leadership Development Program weaknesses to senior management. Benchmarked “Lessons Learned” vision for HR / senior management recommending mentorship program, recruiting criteria, and training that impacted six operating companies.
* Gathered feedback from focus groups, IDIs, self–application, and ethnography using innovative research and recruitment techniques; helped developed strategies for personal care, pet, fast food, oral care, and household products in response to business research objectives, and individual behaviors and feelings toward these categories.
* Swayed sales calls with key clients (Wal–Mart and Target) by providing actionable research that secured shelf space for existing Johnson & Johnson products on the verge of being removed.
Strategic Research Consultant
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products
August 1999 - January 2007
Originated and deployed multiple strategic marketing / sales / leadership programs and research initiatives that positively impacted new product and new packaging opportunities, revamped existing products / packaging, and boosted market share and revenue opportunities. Efforts deeply rooted in researching product / package ideas for Consumer Products; identifying / correcting upgrades and replacements for existing products; and designing / developing new product introductions (e.g., baby gift sets, diaper rash products, kids soap), including packaging design / development (labels, caps, dispensing) and product reformulation for personal toiletries.
* Drove 50% reduction in research expenditures after creating the opportunity to conduct kids / teen research programs inside 10 elementary / high schools statewide.
* Innovated and implemented a second Children’s Insight Program “Kids Konnection” new product / package introduction for Johnson’s Kids Hand Foam / Harry Potter’s personal toiletries.
Qualitative Research Coordinator
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products
December 1994 - August 1999
Organized diversity of new–product focused projects / programs from concept to implementation. Advanced Johnson’s Baby, Johnson’s Kids, Oral Care, Sanitary Protection, Clean & Clear presence, and assisted brand teams to exceed growth objectives by identifying strategic opportunities.
* Launched a TEEN program that provided direction for the redesign of key package presentation and product formulation for Clean & Clear.
* Prompted multiple product platform ideas (Soothing Vapor and bedtime line of products) after rolling out Mother’s Insight program for Johnson’s Baby Worldwide.
PREVIOUS MANAGEMENT-focused positions...
Bristol–Myers Squibb; Batten, Barton Durstine & Osborne; & Ted Bates Advertising (Saatchi & Saatchi)
* Interfaced with brand / executive management at Bristol–Myers Squibb, pioneering marketing-focused research programs, launching new children / adult vitamins, contributing to over–the–counter products (e.g., toothbrushes) and participating in Consumer Products Strategic Planning Task Force.
* Led consumer research studies for Unilever’s household and General Electric’s consumer electronics while at Batten, Barton Durstine & Osborne.
* Participated in consumer research for Borden, American Cyanamid, Warner Lambert, Coors Beer, Carter Wallace & Colgate, helping cinch new business at Ted Bates Advertising (currently Saatchi & Saatchi).
Qualifications & Certifications
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
The George Washington University
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.