Financial Statements, Accounting, Bookkeeping, Cash Management, Financial Reporting, Reconciliation
Financial Statements - experienced in preparation of financial statements with 12 years experience in public accounting (external audit)
Accounting - experienced in handling the company's books of accounts and staff supervision. Attend to periodic management reporting, BIR/SEC requirements and year-end financial audit.
Bookkeeping - experienced in bookkeeping and allied services. Assist the needs of my clients in BIR, SEC and other government regulatory requirements, bank loans and other license renewals
Cash management - currently handling cash management operation and supervises five staffs. My responsibility includes: FX trading (dollar-peso conversion), Letter of Credit Opening, preparation of weekly actual cash flow reports, 8 weeks rolling cash flow reports and weekly variance analysis reports (actual vs forecast) and obtain explanation on major variance noted. Set-up cash management system and manuals during SAP Accounting System migration. Experienced in internet banking disbursement facility (Banco de Oro and Metrobank).
Financial Reporting - prepares weekly cash flow reports to managements
Reconciliation - experienced in bank reconciliation, intercompany account reconciliation, accounts receivable/payable reconciliation
TREASURY ACCOUNTANT AND SUPERVISOR
Sumifru (Philippines) Corporation
December 2009 - December 2009
• Management of company's funds, letter of credit application and monitoring, staff handling and payables management.
• Preparation of weekly cash flow reports (Actual and Forecast)
• Preparation of Daily Cash Position Reports on 40+ bank accounts, monitors and reviews actual cash inflows and outflows.
• Preparation of variance analysis on the changes noted on weekly cash flow forecast against actual cash flow reports and obtain explanation of the changes.
• Daily monitoring and comparison between cash balances against bank balances.
• Negotiates higher bank rates on the dollar to peso conversion dealings.
• Preparation of annual treasury budget and weekly Key Performance Indicator updates.
• Petty cash and revolving funds monitoring. Conducts weekly cash count (petty cash and revolving funds) under cashier’s custody and ensure that all cash collections are deposited intact on the day or next banking day.
• Supervises staff on a day-to-day activity, reviews and approves entries made by staff.
• Coordinates with bank officers on issues related to internet banking facility and draw solution.
• Reviews and approves check vouchers/signed checks from time to time.
• Reviews and approves on-line payment thru internet banking facility.
• Attend to periodic closing activities, year-end financial audit and closely coordinates with budget and tax groups.
Senior Internal Auditor
Sumifru (Philippines) Corporation
March 2009 - October 2009
• Conducts financial and operational audit following the goals and schedule designed for the year.
• Prepares audit programs and Internal Control Questionnaires for every audit engagements handled.
• Plans/designs audit procedures and scope of work for specific engagements.
• Formulates controls attributes and compliance examination plan working papers in order to document the review and evaluation of the existing internal controls.
• Responsible for the execution and completion of specific audit procedures formulated and presented in the audit program for a particular area or operation under audit.
• Gives direction and supervises the work of junior auditor in carrying out the audit procedures including review of staff work.
• Executes agreed-upon audit procedures, drafts and finalize audit reports reviewed by the immediate Superior or Group Head.
• Prepares discussion points and materials for use during discussion of draft audit reports with auditees.
• Obtains, analyzes, appraises data to create an informed, objective opinion about the adequacy and effectiveness of the system, and the efficiency of the performance of activities under review.
• Performs the examination of records and transactions in compliance with the evaluation of the existing internal controls.
AJMR Port Services Corporation and PSC Diversified Fruits, Inc.
November 2008 - November 2009
• Prepared periodic financial statements for management reporting purposes and Sumifru Singapore.
• Supervised and monitored the work of the accounting staff and ensures that Financial Approvals are strictly followed.
• Scrutinizes the correctness and completeness of the financial statements and other related reports before submission to management.
• Ensures that all government requirements are complied with and submitted on or before due dates including New Zealand operation such as monthly/quarterly VAT returns, withholding taxes at source and compensation and other regulatory requirements.
• Reviewed general ledger account and its corresponding journal entries for any unusual transaction posted with close coordination with logistics, treasury, accounting, tax and budget.
• Prepared periodic bank and inter-company reconciliation statements.
• Complies and assists in the preparation of the requirements of external auditors during year-end audit.
• Reviewed/ approved request for payments from time to time.
• Coordinates with budget, treasury and tax groups on issues noted and draw solution.
OFFICER IN-CHARGE/EXTERNAL AUDIT SUPERVISOR
Diaz Murillo Dalupan, Certified Public Accountants (Davao Branch)
February 1995 - May 2007
• Plans and execute various financial audits in accordance with accepted professional standards in order to determine compliance with institutional policies and procedures and adherence to applicable laws and regulations.
• Over see the branch operation and conducts marketing of prospective clients.
• Prepared annual branch budgets and monitored billings and collections of clients.
• Updates clients on new issues/pronouncements related to SEC, BIR and other Government agencies.
• Conduct clients visit, discuss audit issues relative to the performance of financial audit and preparation of proposal for the engagement.
• Prepared audit program/developed certain approach as applicable to a specific client industry and discuss with engagement team audit procedures to be performed.
• Supervised audit staff in carrying-out the audit and reviewed their works.
• Prepared planning meeting materials needed for client discussion.
• Facilitated the discussion with clients, with close coordination of the managers and partners, regarding audit issues.
• Assisted the managers in discussing with the clients the new International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Accounting Standards (IAS) implemented in the Philippines and in carrying-out the IFRS conversion of the clients; and ,
• Prepared the financial statements package and income tax returns of the clients
Sumifru (Phils.) Corporation
Qualifications & Certifications
Holy Cross of Davao College
Holy Cross of Davao College
Alejandra L. Navarro National High School
• Alejandra L. Navarro National High School
Tambongon Elementary School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more