Executive Assistant working with a Director of a large department dispersed throughout the country. Managed the office in the Director's absence, dealing with problems as when they occurred. Audio typist, minute taker, event organizer, diary management, excellent computer skills. Confident written and oral communicator. Relish a challenge, exceptional time manager. Outstanding research abilities.
A pleasant happy person who adjusts and adapts to those I come into contact with.
Communications Skills Training Administrator
North East London Cancer Network
• Interviewed medical staff at all levels, recording, collating and validating data for inclusion in the Evaluation of Advanced Communications Training Course report, published in 2011. http://www.endoflifecareforadults.nhs.uk/assets/downloads/Report_on_Evaluation_of_ACST_Oct10_1.pdf
• Organised conferences, workshops, seminars and events related to the Project.
• Created an advertisement, promoted and organised an Advanced Communications Skills course, attracting the largest and most diverse number of delegates.
• Prepared presentations, spreadsheets and reports.
• Established excellent working relationships with Commissioners offices and cancer support groups in the community.
• Produced Patient Partnership Group Questionnaire used by cancer outpatient clinics at
St Bartholomew Hospital London analyzing patient satisfaction.
• Undertook interviews and prepared documentation as part of the Peer Review Team.
Ofcom - formerly Radio Communication Agency
Executive Assistant to Head of Field Operations
• Provided full secretarial and administrative support to the Director of Field Operations and the Senior Management Team.
• Managed the Director's diary, organising meetings with the dispersed management team, business partners and organisations throughout the country.
• Organised complex UK and overseas travel itineraries including transport and accommodation.
• Convened meetings, drafted and circulated the Agenda and relevant paperwork, booking the venue, catering and IT equipment. Attended meetings taking, typing and circulating minutes.
• Undertook day to day running of the office in the Director's absence, planning and organising the workload to meet department targets.
• Liaised with Government Departments, organising and managing VIP/high profile meetings and visits.
• Managed and co-ordinated responses to Government Ministerial correspondence.
• Produced complex multi-media PowerPoint presentation.
• Monitored Departmental progress reports, data for the Annual Business Plan and departmental reports.
• Organised conferences/events both on and off site and the Annual Field Operations Meeting for over 250 dispersed staff members.
• Responsible for both electronic and paper files including confidential departmental documentation and personnel and vehicle records.
• Responsible for the Director's company credit card account and the office stationary budget.
• Researched and produced information as required.
• Responsible for the Departmental vehicle pool dispersed throughout the UK, including the maintenance and upkeep of specialist team vehicles.
Secretary/Administrator to the Manager of the Dental Hospital
Royal London NHS Dental Hospital
• Supervised reception and administration staff.
• Organised recruitment campaigns and staff training courses.
• Evaluated CVs and application forms for suitable job applicants.
• Met with patients, dealing with their complaints and ensuring a competent response from students and consultants.
• Managed staff annual leave, absences and personnel records.
• Ordered medical supplies, tracked delivery through to payment.
• Developed computerised system for maintenance of hospital equipment.
• Liaised and organised adequate personnel cover with recruitment agencies.
• Managed temporary staff timesheets and expenses.
PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT DUTIES SUMMARY
Research and compose detailed letters resolving complaints at Chairman Level within a specified time period.
Resolved account payment and VAT queries.
Successfully reduced business closed account department debt by 3M as part of a team.
Reviewed and improved credit control system, leading to a significant reduction in the despatch of incorrect accounts, delayed payment and the company overall debt.
Qualifications & Certifications
East London Univerity
City and Guilds