I have more then twenty five years experience in the retail industry. Which consists of bookkeeping,front-end managment, invoicing, account payable, payroll, customer service, and over seen 25 cashiers with four office staff. Complete controll of all financees. Training for all cashiers and office staff.
April 1994 - December 2012
BOOKKEEPER AND FRONT END MANAGER | NO FRILLS (FORMALLY DON’S) | JULY 1994 TO DECEMBER 2012
• Supervised 25 cashiers and 4 office staff
• Provided customer service and office administration training to cashiers and office staff
• Trained bookkeepers for other Franchise locations.
• Responsible for developing weekly staff scheduling.
• Supervised the day to day operational and customer service function of the store.
• Responsible for cash handling and reconciliation.
• Processed and managed the payment of invoices.
• Managed labour costs to maintain efficient operations.
• Responsible for reporting Items Per Minute records for each staff member on a weekly basis.
• Generated shortages and overages reports on a weekly bases.
• Electronically submitted HST on a monthly basis.
• Electronically ordered all supplies for the store on a weekly basis.
• Attended weekly department head meetings.
• Responsible for all corporate charge accounts.
• Responsible for balancing the store safes on a daily basis.
• Daily deposits for the bank.
• Responsible for opening and closing the store.
• On call 24/7.
• Responsible for store alarm security system.
CASHIER | DON’S NO FRILLS | APRIL 1994 TO JULY 1994
• Customer service.
• Worked on cash.
• Filled products on the shelves.
• Price checking.
• Redeemed coupons.
Qualifications & Certifications
David and Mary Thomson
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more