Corporate Finance Manager
20 years with Foschini Retail Group
Senior Finance Manager
FOSCHINI RETAIL GROUP
• Contributing and respected member of management team reporting to Group retail Director and constantly communicating with various internal and external stakeholders at senior management
level as well as external service providers.
• Management of all Financial and Administrative processes with one member of staff.
• Preparing viability and project studies for new store, thoroughly researching and analysing data.
• Advising on financial systems and process changes with regard to new product launches.
• Authorising payments, and performing General Ledger Reconciliations, as well as preparing
budgets and financial reports within deadlines.
• Reporting on Franchise performance and monitoring input margins.
• Implementation of first franchise model within the company.
• Launch of new furniture division within the company.
• Personally selected for membership of the Procurement Committee.
• Member of 2home EE Forum.
• Attending training "Knowing Me, Knowing You", "Strategic Leadership", "Customer Journey".
Group Tax Accountant
• Preparing and completing Income Tax returns, Monthly VAT returns for RSA and Namibia and
Monthly RSC Levies to tight deadlines and with strict attention to detail.
• Acting as designated signatory for cheques.
• Managing launch of computerised RSC invoicing and payment system.
• Successfully implementing Namibian VAT.
• Completing SARS Audit review successfully.
• Attending "Leadership Styles" course.
Earlier Career Summary
• Accurate and timely writing up of cash book and ledgers.
• Auditing annual financial statements.
• Completing all statutory returns for diverse client base.
• Undertaking stocktaking activities for clients.
Qualifications & Certifications
University of South Africa
Boston House College
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more