Claim you profile
A highly commercial, international HR Leader, experienced in senior corporate and operational roles with demonstrable success designing and implementing key people related strategies to successfully support diverse and multi-cultural international businesses.
Accomplished at implementing change, creating customer focused high performance cultures, employee engagement and talent development.
Proven achievements in delivery of performance management, budgeting, workforce and succession planning as well as leading talent management, development and retention in line with company goals.
Proactive, pragmatic when solving complex business problems with significant self-drive, persistence and innovation in fast moving situations.
• International Employment Law and Expatriation
• Organisational Design,
• Compensation and Benefits,
• Recruitment and Retention,
• Learning and Development,
• Performance Management,
• Succession Planning and Talent Management,
• Change Management, Restructuring and Growth,
• Mergers, Acquisitions and Integrations,
• Employee Engagement and Communications,
• Coaching and Mentoring,
• Strategy Development and Deployment,
• HR Transformation,
• Cross Functional Team Leadership
Chairman of Alent Benefits Committee, HR
Up to January 2014
(formerly Cookson Performance Materials) 2004 - January 2014
A leading global supplier of consumable engineered materials used in electronics, automotive and select high growth markets. Based in more than 40 countries and selling into more than 100 countries. Turnover of £400m+ employing 2600 people globally. The European region consists of two divisions employing approximately 700 people in 12 countries.
HR Director Europe Providing full generalist HR support to both business divisions in the UK and European region. Chairman of Alent Benefits Committee, HR representative member of the Six Sigma Global Core team and responsible for HRIS within Europe.
• Established a successful project team as a conduit for decision making to deal with Head Office requirements following the demerger. Presented information/proposals for senior management in the US which accelerated the establishment of the new legal entity
• Designed and developed a ground-breaking, strategic, coaching and talent transformation initiative. Assessed 400 employees in 3 months, agreed key criteria identifying those performing, in need of improvement or leavers. Achieved a return on sales improvement by 5%
• Initiated a headcount review across business divisions, identifying potential savings/actions and providing a proposal outlining cost analysis and timeline. Initial savings identified were £1m but overall actual savings was £1.5m
• Delivered new Head Office recruitment in advance of agreed timelines and within budget, allowing more time for new recruits to utilise transitional support provided by the previous parent company, resulting in a smoother transition
• Established standalone UK healthcare benefits structure by reviewing all benefits, assessing requirements and potential cost savings, achieving a £30K reduction in fees
• Developed further enhancements to appraisal scheme including the introduction of 11 languages for junior employees and achieved higher levels of engagement typically...
Global HR Director
A global industrial rubber manufacturer mainly mining applications with a turnover in excess of $70m employing 550 employees with locations in UK, US, Europe, Australia, South Africa and Malaysia.
Global HR Director: Providing full generalist HR support to all sites globally in conjunction with the Managing Director and Executive team. Global HR team member representing Linatex within Elementis plc.
• Worked directly with local facilities in Malaysia and South Africa to define and project manage recruitment and on-boarding strategies with including knowledge transfer methods, reducing previous high staff turnover and increasing productivity
• Successfully implemented a global restructuring program for transferring to low cost manufacturing, leveraging the benefit of workforce costs in Malaysia and South Africa. Reduced headcount costs in UK and US by 30% within budget and timelines agreed
• Defined and executed various successful restructuring strategies including the closure of an entity in Rotterdam and subsequent business transfer to new owner
• Delivered a strategic review of global business in terms of roles, compensation and benefits, job families, resulting in better alignment of positions and remuneration and improved staff retention
• Delivered a talent management model, new to the business, identifying in particular talented management, monitoring of progression and development needs. This initiative implanted process into the organisation and introduced return on investment
• Developed and embedded a succession management model, identifying business critical roles and workforce solutions for middle management that provided more career development visibility, increased morale and expanding opportunities throughout the group
• As part of a large scale, global roll out of a new ERP system devised an HR strategy for implementation which included a workforce plan and profile
European HR Manager
UK and Europe
Responsible for six locations in UK and Europe with a headcount of 100 employees.
• Newly created European HR role and responsible for defining the role and support needed in the region.
• Developed and implemented a new appraisal system that became a global initiative.
• Member of the European Management team.
• Managed workforce reduction in France and the Netherlands.
• Undertook full review of job positions using Hay Job Evaluation methodology.
• Reviewed, revised and instigated HR policies and procedures to address legislative and best practice requirements.
Human Resources Manager
Global Risk Management Solutions
HR & Administration Manager
THOMSON MARCONI SONAR SYSTEMS
ARMY STAFF COLLEGE
Qualifications & Certifications
Harvard Business School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more