Claim you profile
Experienced trainer who believes the answer to improving most workplaces is a positive outlook, fantastic communication and well thought out development interventions.
I am able to deliver fun and effective sessions in a wide variety of business topics. Which include behavioral skills such as People Management, Coaching or Performance Management. With my experience I can also deliver technical skills training such as Human Resources, Food Safety or Alcohol Licensing. As well as more retail specific skills such as Avoiding Conflict, Service or Cost Reduction sessions.
The Co-operative Group
The role ensures training is delivered to over 350 employees in my Training Area.
Our Store Teams are trained, in both internal and external courses, for all aspects of our Food Business, covering Legislation and Development
The maintaining of the In store e- learning package for store colleagues.
Offering support to Operations Managers, with the development of our Management Teams.
We focus training to cover:
• Fantastic Customer Service.
• Great Leadership.
• Operational Excellence.
• The Co-operative Brand.
• Working with local Job Centre's, running courses in CV Writing, Interview skills and Self Development plans.
Van Sales Representative
Responsible for selling, ordering, merchandising, waste control and business development for both existing and new business.
Sourcing suppliers, securing and reducing costs and managing delivery schedules. Successfully grew mobile business by 25% with annual turnover reaching £570,000 this year.
Store Manager (Iceland)
Managed the daily operational functions of a medium-sized store employing 35 staff with a weekly turnover in excess of £50,000. Successful use of EPOS and sales based ordering systems.
• Planned and implemented compliance to Store specifications
• Interviewed, hired, trained and supervised all store staff
• Organised, planned, developed, coordinated and led my team of staff to deliver on policy and procedures
• Interpreted and provided management data for budgetary analysis and development
• Managed all deliveries, storage, quality and sales
• Direct liaison with customers and a point of contact to resolve issues quickly
• Reporting to the Regional Manager on weekly revenue, branch delivery performance and related issues
Managed the daily operations of a medium-sized branch, employing 40 staff, with a £60,000 weekly turnover. This particular type of retail business relied heavily on accurate stock and order systems, auditing of the jewellery and high value sections.
• Top performing store in the region
• Achieved all Sales KPIs
• Achieve Cost Reduction KPIs
• Stabilised staff turnover, achieved a particularly high level of staff retention that was widely recognized as a key contributory factor to successful delivery
The Co-Op Group
Moved from an initial appointment as a Security Manager to take the opportunity to make a lateral move into the retail area of the business. Within 2 years I was offered the chance to be involved as a Manager in various departments. My first appointment as a Store Manager enabled me to take responsibility for a local store with an approximate £28,000 weekly turn over. My final appointment with the Co-Op Group, in 2002, was as a Store Manager of a medium-sized store with a weekly turnover of £90,000
Policeman and Dog Handler
Royal Air Force
Trained and operational in all aspects of police work including specialization in air transport security duties, focused on V.I.P. flights. Achieved early promotion to a non-commissioned officer rank after only 5 years experience as an attack dog handler. Subsequently managed and led a section of 15 handlers, training and organising the attack dog teams mainly on live-armed duties
Qualifications & Certifications
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more