Fitter and Turner
Senior Engineering Technician
MSD Animal Health
April 2012 - December 2013
Nature Of Business:: Manufacturing
Period Of Service:: APR 2012 to DEC 2013
Position:: Senior Engineering Technician
• Running production and maintaining of machinery.
• Setting up of date coders.
• Set up of imaji printer and inspecting eye for correct drops for printer clean filter change parts as required.
• Ensuring that the labels for the Tonazzi packer machine were done.
• Ensuring that all maintenance carried out was done as per Company SOP.
• Ensuring good housekeeping.
• Rectifying common faults independently.
• Investigating deviations or technical issues. Writing reports on investigation.
• High written documentation standards.
• Suggests solutions to problems of increasing complexity that are innovative, practical and well received.
• Applies strong engineering knowledge of the engineering fields to integrate approaches/perspectives into activities.
• Ensuring adherence and production standards.
• Lead projects as required.
• Provide assistance in product contamination investigation.
• Participating positively in safety meetings.
• Executing small capital projects under supervision when required.
• Recommend stock holding levels for critical spars and liaising with suppliers, procuring and managing stock levels for spare parts.
• Ensuring hazards are identified within the department, and up to date with new health and safety legislation.
• Lease with overseas customers.
• Ensuring all spares /critical are available for plant.
• Fit and repair valves, pipes and pumps, macerators, single, dubbel acting solenoid valves.
• Fault finding and diagnostic ability when needed.
• Critical thinking- by using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches a problem.
• Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
• Inspections and replace filters, and perform other maintenance actions, following...
From October 2008
Started as Maintenance fitter and Turner, Advanced to specialist fitter.
• Maintenance schedules and on time completion.
• Completing housekeeping in accordance with GMP and OSH requirements.
• Deputizing and provide back up for other team members of engineering team.
• Supporting other team member's initiatives.
• Maintenance on all production lines, to clear back log. Change overs.
• Equipment worked on includes:
• Positive displacement pumps, lobe pumps , worm pumps , centrifugal pumps , mechanical seals, tablet machines cavannas , polishing drums, marshmallow line volpak, bossar, from 50g , 100g , 200g , 2kg refill packs, sugar mill , super c auto wrapper. Tetra packs. Valpak, bossar.
• Shrink wrap machines and sealers, maintenance and replacement of in feed conveyors on tunnel shrink wrap machines.
• Daily work on worn parts broken parts that needs welding or use of plasma cutter. Completed boilermaker projects.
• Setting up of new machines.
• Maintenance and inspections on auger filler machines.
• Maintenance on gas burners.
• Maintenance on cartooning machines.
• Maintenance and inspections and scheduled maintenance on form filling, sealing machines.
• Maintenance on biscuit cutters and roller cutters.
• Ensuring tin lines are in good running order for next shift, report any defects and problems.
• Maintaining the Alcoa tin line magnetic heads, clean and services. Include single and double reduction gear boxes, and trouble shooting.
• Tensioning and tracking. Fitting of chain & sprockets fitting of bearing, identification, and correct fitting failure analysis corrective actions. Fitment of mechanical seals. Tensioning and tracking of conveyors.
• Agitator's flener, radicon, fluid mixers, Reynolds croft.
• Running production and maintenance of machinery.
• Maintenance and documenting failures on Santiago's, chocolate enrober, euro slots, peters jet creamer, marshmallow feed line and dosing pumps.
• Inspections and maintenance on lobe...
FITTER SECTION MANAGER
MAKANA BRICK AND TILE
February 2007 - September 2008
• Leading a team of 10 in the construction 80 million Rand Project building advanced brick factory.
• Fabrication of shuts, feedback of progress in plant.
• Quality inspection on dryers, kiln, transfer cars, heat exchangers, check sheets reviewed daily with Engineer.
• Supervising contractors. Install crushers, screens, feeder's conveyors, pumps, gearboxes, motors.
• Maintenance tasks, set up of extruders, lumbreakers.
• Improvement to the installation of DB boards and plc.'s
• Assist boilermakers in furbishing shuts, build of conveyors.
• Installation of safety trip switches.
• Ensure water tanks, pumps conveyor belts, kiln cars, dryers RVD fans, kiln heat exchangers, conveyor belt installations were completed on time.
• Ensuring transfer cars were assembled and on tracks by set date.
• Maintenance on all pneumatic valves, solenoid valves and pistons, actuators, are correct and functioning to set standard.
• Managing risk and eliminate unsafe working conditions.
• Completing ancillary documentation.
• Planning own daily tasks in consultation with customers to meet maintenance and production.
• Ensuring compliance mine health and safety act by employees.
• Ensuring dumpy level used to install railway tracks, steps, for buildings and building platforms.
• Turning of parts, welding, plasma cutting, milling work, and workshop tool inspection.
• Transferred to clay preparation plant. Promoted to section manager in Month.
• Overall operation of clay preparation plant ensuring production budgets was maintained.
• Ensuring that sufficient clay of correct blend & quality were produced for 2 plants, with sufficient stockpile continuously ensuring quality output of product.
• Housekeeping in and around the clay preparation plant and stockpile area.
• Supervision and time keeping of staff.
• Maintenance performance on crunchers, screens, jaw breakers, conveyorbels, bearings.
• Installation of single dubbel, self-align ment bearings...
January 1990 - December 2006
Started as an apprentice worked my way to leading hand and then coordinator for 4 years.
• Maintained 6 plants from heavy industry to high speed assembly lines.
Extruder's gearboxes Extruder lines plumbing pipe fittings hydraulics. Pneumatics stirrer's power packs shop maintenance and equipment repairs. Worked on boilers shut downs chemical plant. Spinning machines yarn machines spirax sarco steam equipment valves fire do or & plc.'s. Continuous improvement lean manufacturing.Shut downs was done yearly various sections of aeci including chemical plant and chemical training and procedures safe handling of nitric sulveric acid.
• Coordinator: Main objective was to lead and manage the fixed plant maintenance sections of the maintenance department.
Maintaining and improving the standards of the finished goods, high availability in terms of safety production. Control trouble shooting repair and replacement of mechanical and electrical systems. This included working on machines myself.
Planning and coordinating maintenance job monthly weekly daily job pla nning. Working with white metal bearings.
• Projects: Involved in several projects including:
• Improvement of machines installations.
Planning and commissioning while ensuring maximum safety and fast turna round times.
• Detailing and delegating of work to be carried out.
• Analyses information from a variety of sources to make sound decisions.
• Take initiative for personal and professional development.
• Use root cause analysis techniques.
• Successfully handed in 5 implementations a month & received a silver award & safety. Heavy duty and fast paste enviourment.
• Ensure compliance to SHE rules and regulations with assigned section.
• Lead by example and execute supervisory functions.
• 20 keys implementations.
Complete upgrade on centrafuge westfalia. Q301, Q302.saved company around $30000.Stripped centrafuge down to the bone.assessed the degree of wear and tear on all mooving and non mooving parts , as well as chamber pipes inner and outer casings.replaced all spaires from o-ring to impeller , venting disc, top vertical spindel bearing, thrust bearing , neck bearing, mechanical seal.machine clutch, breaks crown wheel, slip ring. Main bowl seal , and pump assembly cleaned replaced after completion,technical opperatorsran machine for 30 min performed 5 desluges no leaks on inner bowl. After cip and sip. The technical opperators got the go ahead to run product through the centrafuge.No grinding humming or a high pitch gear noise when centrafuge started.
Qualifications & Certifications
Assessment College of South
Mathematics, science, technical drawings, mechanica.
Jan De Klerk Technical High School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more