Claim you profile
I have a great interest in both the practical side to archiving and the theoretical ideals behind this act. I have gained experience working with archives over the past year, as I have been involved in two curatorial projects based on archival material. Furthermore, I have been employed by the Lethaby Gallery to archive uncatalogued material, whilst at the same time writing up a research project. I have attended archiving workshops at various institutions such as The University of Goldsmiths, and Whitechapel Gallery. my passion and interest in archives has lead me to write my Masters dissertation on artists influence on postmodern archive theory. I would be an excellent candidate for any position regarding archive administration.
• Room Steward and Tour Guide at Sutton House, a National Trust property. Here I have to speak confidently to members of the public.
• Co-curated Oitij-jo fashion exhibition at The Bargehouse, Oxo Tower: I was involved in the curatorial design of the garments and the practical hanging the garments themselves.
• Co-curated a space based on the archive in the Lethaby Gallery at Central Saint Martins. Here I was head of a research team, and conducted oral history interviews and worked closely with archive material.
• Art Invigilator at Central Saint Martins Degree Show.
• Part of an art instillation at Central Saint Martin Degree Show.
• Involved in organizing a panel discussion at the David Roberts Art Foundation. This experience has opened up the opportunity of writing a research paper for the Tate Online Research Papers.
• Currently curating an exhibition at the Guardian, London based on its archive.
• Attended Archiving workshops and lectures run by various institutions such as Goldsmiths, University of London and Whitechapel Gallery.
Additional Experience & Skills
• School and Course Representative for Central Saint Martins.
• Completed a mini pupilage with Stour Canterbury Chambers in December 2012.
• Confident user of Mac and PC, including Microsoft Office software; I am able to touch type and my typing speed is approximately 60wpm.
• I am currently undergoing Spanish lessons, and hope to be able to speak Spanish fluently within the next few years.
• Involved in a heritage project to reopen a grade II listed Lido on Broomhill Road, Ipswich.
I am an ambitious and enthusiastic graduate with eagerness to learn and am looking to gain experience in the field of Curation. I am a hard-working individual evident in the fact I have constantly worked throughout my university studies, maintaining a consistent level of high grades. I believe this shows my ample determination and ability to manage my time efficiently. I am able to work effectively...
Qualifications & Certifications
Central Saint Martins School of Art and Design, University of the Arts London
King's College London
Philosophy and Ethics
Ipswich High School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.