Volunteered for activities for social causes like Mumbai Marathon, Nasik Run, Greenpeace Campaigns and also been a part of the animal protection campaign
Damco India Private Ltd
May 2010 - October 2012
Job description: Management of flow of resources between point of origin and point of consumption to meet import requirements US based clients (Target, Sears, Kmart, JC Penny)
• Planning and routing of containerized shipments as per overseas orders and ensuring delivery within the specified lead time
ex Nhava Sheva, Kandla, Mundra and other trans-shipment ports if any.
• Optimization of warehousing and inventory costs to reduce overheads.
• Evaluation of carrier contracts (APL, OOCL, MSC, MOL) in case of FCL shipments and co-ordination with other freight
forwarders in case of LCL shipments.
• Performed detailed structuring of guidelines to establish and compete service and specification standards.
• Conducted workshops for new vendors on PAN India level and prepared guidelines to help them adhere to organization export and warehousing rules.
• Supervised third party custom clearance and trucking of various types of goods (hazardous and non hazardous) to ensure
• Prepared and evaluated monthly revenue reports to identify loopholes in operational activities and suggested appropriate measures to reduce the same
• Successfully carried out implementation for new processes and clients with necessary pilot runs and system
• Ensured smooth documentation process at all levels (pre-shipment and post shipment) to avoid hindrance in entry and exit
operations at ports.
• Worked across cross functional departments and handled procedures like invoicing, Purchase orders, Purchase Requisitions vide
Qualifications & Certifications
Narottam Morarjee Institute of Shipping Management
Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management
Carmel of St.Joseph's School
Datta Meghe College of Technology (Mumbai University)