Standards And Quality Officer
Conduct technical monitoring of repairs with specific focus on testing, safety & regulatory requirements.
Resolution of Quality Complaints.
Perform supplier assessment audits in line with ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 & ISO 9001.Inspecting incoming materials for conformance with order descriptions, hazards, adequate packaging, standardization, quality and safety requirements in conjunction with the companies Fata Risk Control Guidelines. Ensuring that the integrity of the master data is correct (Catalogue materials information).Ensuring that quality problems are shared internally and externally. Ensuring correctness of stock applications. Assisting with obsolescence exercises. Deliver cost savings. Establishes and maintains professional relationships with stakeholders. Codification and release of non-stock orders as per company standard.Adherence to Safety and operational policies and procedures. Maintaining the Standards library and MSDS registers.Regularly inspect stock for correct storage and preservation requirements.
Assist in the skills development of receiving and purchasing staff with regards to product knowledge.
Maintenance planner (Mechanical and Electrical)
Acelormittal Steel Saldanha
From September 2009
Planning , Scheduling and managing the sourcing and selection process of vendors, suppliers or sub contractors according to the set policies and procedures, reviewing and evaluating received quotations and their compliance with the sent RFQ packages.
Manage routable spares and set dates for the applicable spares. Condensate with vendors to discus the time period of the spare and the delivery dates is set. Following up on notifications and orders to maintain and keep history of spare parts.
Working with the monthly budget and to make sure that the standard deviation kept.
Supervise and control the activities, standards of performance, behaviour and the training and development of the designated subordinate staff. Assist in identifying resources required for all work requests. Plan maintenance/infrastructure activities for allocation of tasks, hours, skills, resources special events, ect. Allocate work request to correct area code and equipment. Order and validate materials, services, drawings, ect. Record and report deficiencies and delays. Assist with the preparation and control of the sections annual bugged by forecasting cost and monitoring expenditure on a monthly basis. Acting for Engineering Manager when need to-attend meetings at Shutdowns. Scheduling of the shutdown tasks and the execution thereof and Co-ordinator the shutdowns hands-on in the plant
Perform SHERQ management according to set standards and regulations. Ensure effective maintenance of equipment and buildings. Is the information representative for my area. Management of inventory levels in the stores to insure the spares are there in time for the predicted time and follow the process.
Artisan Mechanical fitter
Acelormittal Steel Saldanha
From September 2006
(Roughing Mill, Hot Strip Mill, Down Coiler Areas)
Maintain mechanical equipment at HSM as per layed down maintenance targets incorporating pneumatics and hydraulics to ensure downtime is met. Care and maintain of rotating equipment to OEM standards. Perform turning and machining functions during repair work. Maintain in-hose repair workshop tools and equipment. Helping with plant shut downs and mechanical projects at. HSM Provide quality inspection service for HSM engineering team. Doing specialised maintenance function in in-house repair shop on critical equipment. Perform plant /breakdown and standby when required. Working with pneumatics and hydraulics. Performing bearing maintenance on gearboxes, pumps and rolls. Performing precision mechanical fitting techniques most of the time. Ability to measure acutely with special measuring equipment. To work close to tolerances, machining. Read and interpret technical drawings. Doing quality inspection. Plan and schedule work every day. Are able to delegate co-workers. High speed rotating equipment maintenance experience And are teaching other co-workers to become competent (in workshop) on sum of the high speed rotating equipment.
Apprentice Fitter and turner
Arcelor Mittal Saldanha
2 year apprenticeship was done at the company Arcelor Mittal Saldanha works in the mould segment shop at caster and in the Hot strip mill area.
Duties & Achievements
• Bringing the HSM area PM04 up to date in 2 years that was behind from 2008
• Build and construct descaller multistage pumps in house with huge cost saving for the company.
• Proposed and implemented of making the shaft locally at huge savings.
• Identified wastage points and suggested improvements was also the Environmental management leader.
• Using skills obtained I finished a stave project (Wall cooling Corex) in a record time.
• Standing in for my supervisor, and attending meetings, including the interviewing and training of new personnel eg. Learners.
• Handled general administrative matters and managed the in-house stock management system on our SAP system.
Arcelor Mittal Saldanha
• Water Expert-Checking all pumps in pump house, taking of water samples, checking of the clarifiers, cleaning of blocked strainers, change over of filters & Heat exchangers, supervising over contractor maintenance teams, checking the analyst of the water. Closing of the shutdown valves, making sure the ponds do not overflow.
• Field Expert - Inspection of corex tower, checking the gas lines, draining the scrubbers & gas lines, driving of all mobile equipment. Supervising over maintenance/ contractors teams during shutdowns, making the plant safe, performing leak tests, supervising over the cleaners.Taking of samples.
• Sludge Plant Controller- doing small maintenance work, Turning waste products into chemical products to be re-used. Keeping the chemical analysis in spec, supervising over maintenance /contractors teams, cleaning of the bay by a front-end loader. Taking of sludge & granual samples. Doing plant checks every hour. Updating of sludge plant sop, completing of delay system of sludge granulation plant. Communication with PPC, Corex and Waste Tech.
• Tap floor expert & controller-cleaning of tap hole, taking of iron/slag temperatures& samples , insure ring correct quantities are tap into ladles, lancing and finding ways for new problems arising. Opening and closing of the tap hole. Collecting all data of the tap. Be prepared for any problem on the tap floor and be able to make quick decisions safely. The taking of slag and iron samples, Taping correct amount into ladles.
• Iron and slag controller-granulating slag to customers specifications. Supervising over cleaning teams, checking of pumps, checking of cooling towers, keeping plant availability high by keeping production high, making decisions when to divert and when to call out stand-by technicians.
Removing and rebuilding the stave cooling system in a record time.
Qualifications & Certifications
Kasselsvlei Technical High School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more