28 YEARS AS UTILITY ARBORIST
Lewis Tree Service
From February 2001
• Visits crews on a minimum of a weekly basis giving guidance, instruction and necessary supplies.
• Supervises Crew Leaders making sure they are fulfilling the Crew Leader qualifications and nature of duties.
• Observes, supports, and gives guidance to Crew Leaders for achieving maximum results in operational priorities.
• Calls on existing customers to assure customer satisfaction.
• Responsible to see that equipment repairs, preventative maintenance, and purchasing policies and procedures are properly followed.
• Works directly with Risk Management Department to ensure all safety procedures are followed and proper safety equipment is being worn.
• Conducts incident analysis directly after incidents occur, working in conjunction with Risk Management guidelines.
• Assists manager in the bidding process.
Tree Climbers are part of crew
May 1991 - February 2001
May 1991- February 2001
• Providing line clearing and tree trimming for major area electric utility provider.
• Tree Climbers are part of crew with supporting Groundman & Foreman.
• Expert tree surgery services and inspections to customer properties.
• Responsible for climbing, pruning and removing trees on residential and commercial properties
Started as groundman , left as foreman
January 1986 - December 1990
January 1986 - Dec. 1990
• Performs actual work functions as a line clearance tree trimmer while under direct supervision of a crew leader or a qualified line clearance tree trimmer.
• Removal of trees and brush, cleanup and disposal of debris.
• Operation of power equipment, such as trucks, chippers, aerial lifts, power saws, sprayers, use of ladders and hand tools.
• Responsible for the inspection and proper working conditions of all tools and equipment assigned to the worker by the crew leader.