I am phenomenally driven by the excitement of Test Engineering, developing and debugging tests for products and then knowing that they are efficiently verifying that the products meet all performance requirements.
Self driven, innovative, flexible worker
Test Engineering Staff
General Dynamics C4 Systems
Lead Test Engineer
Provided and performed schematic testability reviews on new products and developing test programs on up to three different test platforms at a manufacturing facility that produces and tests approximately $70 million worth of product each year, in support of over 16 different projects.
• Developed, debugged and maintained In-Circuit Test (ICT) programs and test fixtures for over 250 assemblies including ground based facilities for the KH-11 and KH-12 (KeyHole) spy satellites, developing tests on boards replacing outdated radios in all 815 FAA control towers across the US, the Identification Friend of Foe system for the Air Force FA-22 Advanced Tactical Fighter, the Digital Modular Radio (DMR) used on US Navy submarines, developed test programs for boards going into the US Navy Standard Missile and the boards going into the US Air Force Combat Search and Rescue Radio PRC-112.
• Facilitated CAD translation from Cadence Allegro, Mentor and ODB++, generating test programs for YesTech YTV-2000 Automated Optical Inspection tester, Takaya ATP-9411 Flying Head Prober and Agilent 3070 In-Circuit Tester.
Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) machine and two Flying Head Verifiers (FHV)
the Takaya ATP-9400 and ATP-9411.
• Generated and debugged AOI, FHV and ICT test programs using the DeMille Research, Inc. CAD translation package called TestSight Developer (TSD).
• Performed beta site testing on new versions of TSD.
• Developed Statements of Work (SOW) for Contract Manufacturers (CMs) when Agilent 3070 development work was to be outsourced. Worked with program development CMs to insure program development efforts met project needs. Worked with production CMs to insure test programs and fixtures were installed and checked out in time for project production needs. Reviewed developed programs and test fixtures to insure all requirements of the applicable SOW had been implemented.
Motorola Government Electronics Group, Scottsdale, Arizona 13 years in Test Engineering
• Experience with RF "rack and stack" equipment on manual test stations. Developed test methodologies, determined required test equipment, and wrote test procedures. Prepared and wrote procedures for use during trouble shooting. On one project, with enhanced troubleshooting procedures, reduced the number of required production test stations from six to two.
• Designed automated testing for a classified assembly to reduce test time and improve fault coverage. Tasked with reconfiguring a 24 minute per assembly test with an 80% fault grade to have durations under 14 minutes and a fault grade exceeding 90%. Developed a 3 minute test routine with a fault grade of 99.2% on time and under budget.
• Transitioned manual test development sequences to a Hewlett-Packard HP-3065 ICT tester to reduce the test development time by an average of 25%.
• ICT board test manager for the 66 satellite and $4.7 billion Motorola Iridium program. Developed Boundary Scan (JTAG or IEEE1149) testing on the Agilent 3070 for most of these assemblies. Responsible for developing or scheduling over 80 ICT fixtures over a four year period.
United States Air Force, Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota
I was the board test manager for the Iridium system where a constellation of 66 low orbit satellites provide world wide cell phone coverage. It was the hardest 5 years of work in my life but the most enjoyable.
Qualifications & Certifications
Reno High School, Reno, NV
Squadron Officers School
Arizona State University
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more