Claim you profile
Machinist (CNC) Programming & Setup
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Department of Defence (Navy)
Mfg. and Mods on Military Aircraft
1000 Browns Rd.
Middleburg, Fla. 32068
Machinist – WG-3414-10 2004 Present
Naval Air Station, Jacksonville, Florida
• Overhaul, repair, and manufacture aircraft parts and equipment.
• Compute tolerance and dimension using geometric and trigometric formulas.
• Determine gear ratios, pitch lead and pitch diameter for standard and non-standard devices.
• Calculate angles and dimensions necessary to locate, bore, and grind precision holes.
• Interpret work orders and drawings to include determination of tolerances and finish surfaces.
• Increase efficiency by preparing layouts, manufacturing assemblies, and modifying tools.
• Plan the sequence of operations using innovative and original setups, techniques, and tools.
• Prototype and manufacture special tools, fixtures, and jigs to perform modification and repair.
• Plan and perform all related work as required.
Aircraft Machinist 2004
Aerotek, Inc., NADEP, Jacksonville, Florida
• Machined and modified bushings for F-14, FA-18, and EA-6B aircraft.
• Manufactured and installed repair parts in P3 machine shop.
United States Navy 1981 1996
Retirement Rank E-6, Jacksonville, Florida
• Supervised the machine shop at NAS-Cecil Field in support of FA-18, S-3, and F-4 aircraft.
• Managed the machine shop on Oakridge ARDM-1 in support of submarine docking.
Relevant Education and Training:
• Fleet Aviation Specialized Operational Training, NAS Cecil Field, Jacksonville, Florida, 1993.
• Fundamentals of Total Quality Leadership, NAS Cecil Field, Jacksonville, Florida, 1993.
• Heat Treatment of Metals Class C School, NTC San Diego, California, 1993.
• Navy Leadership Development, Trident Training Facility, Kings Bay, Georgia, 1992.
• Advanced Milling and Shop Management Class C School, NTC San Diego, California, 1988.
• Turret Lathe and Metal Buildup Class C School, NTC San Diego, California, 1988.
• Grinding and Balancing Class C School, NTC San Diego, California, 1988.
• Basic Lathe and Mill Class A School, NTC San Diego, California, 1985.
• Naval Propulsion Engineering Class A School, Great Lakes, Illinois, 1981.
Professional Ratings, Awards, and Recognitions:
• Navy Defense Service Medal • Navy Achievement Medal
• Meritorious Unit Commendations (2) • Good Conduct Medal (3)
• Navy E Ribbon (2) • Honorable Service Discharge
Resume ~ page 2
• Layout, manufacture and design • Tool modification and prototype
• Aircraft measurement and documentation • 7075 T6 aluminum grading
• PH 17-4/15-5 resistance grading • Multi-view blueprint reading
• CNC programming software and design • Manufacture and design of 3-5 axis parts
• Tool path generation from 3D virtual models • Set up and manufacture of fixtures
• Operation of full range of conventional and NC machine tools and attachments.
• Work processes such as heat treating, annealing, planning, shot preening, corrosion, and painting.
• Fluent in shop mathematics using geometric and trigonomic functions and formulas.
• Repair of risers, ring/corner/bathtub fittings, mounts, clips, truss feet, jack pad, and pylon.
Program Knowledge and Support:
• Equal Employment Opportunity • Affirmative Employment Program
• Discrimination Complaint Program • Special Emphasis Program
• Hazardous Materials Training • LEAN Management
• Fadal 4020 • Haas VF3
• Lugun • Monarch Ultra Center 150
• Lodge and Shipley • Bridgeport
• GE CNC Controller • Funuc CNC Controller
• Haas CNC Controller • Matsura CNC Controller
• Dynapath 20 CNC Controller • Navair LPS/JX 1230 Grinder
Hand and Measuring Tool Usage:
• Vernier and Dial Calipers • Height Gauges
• Inside, Outside, Depth Micrometers • Surfaces Gauges
• Tool Maker Squares • Bevel Vernier Protractors
• Gauge and Drill Guides • Gauge, Drill, and V-Blocks
• Screw Pitch Gauges • Thread Gauges
• Shell and Machine Reamers • Acme and Buttress Threads
• Small Hole Gauges • Core and Step Drills
• Intromics Micrometers • Optical Comparator
• Taps, Hobs, and Jigs • Fixtures, Punches, and Molds
Qualifications & Certifications
A. L. Brown High School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.