Claim you profile
June 2010 - August 2013
• Lead for project management, risk management and mitigation, quality assurance, assignment delivery and compliance with company policies and procedures for each assignment;
• Project management of tender bids including coordination of input sources and ensuring deadlines are met;
• Sourcing candidates for interim roles in the public sector and arranging interviews etc;
• Ensuring compliance for practice assurance, business continuity, HSAW, Data Protection etc;
• General administration and managing the day-to-day running of the business;
• Supporting the Managing Director in ensuring the delivery of high quality assignments;
• Front line client liaison;
• Management of IT and communications facilities;
• Email and telephone based marketing and sales activities.
Level 2 Ski Instructor training and qualification completed during this period.
August 2008 - May 2010
Managing Director / Chief Instructor
Redline Aviation Security Ltd
June 2007 - July 2008
A founder director of this successful start up company specialising in DfT regulated security training courses aimed primarily at aviation security personnel of all levels from the UK and overseas. Duties included:
• Day-to-day management of the company as the only full-time director;
• Establishing the company's financial procedures and subsequently managing its finances;
• Course development, including production of courseware, liaison with external agencies and training providers, course administration, ensuring course content kept up-to-date;
• Preparation, delivery and administration of DfT regulated courses both in-house and on-site, including instructional duties; often undertook all aspects of a course independently;
• Liaison with clients, suppliers and authorities, including South Yorkshire Police, the DfT and the Home Office;
• IT management and security;
• Recruitment and supervision of office staff and instructors.
Helicopter Pilot / Aircraft Commander / Helicopter Weapons Instructor
Army Air Corps
September 1992 - September 2007
• Tours of duty in the UK and Germany; operational flying tours in Northern Ireland, Bosnia and Croatia;
• Frequently led detachments of aircraft and personnel on operations, tasks and exercises, often in bad weather and in arduous conditions;
• The first member of the UK Armed Forces to be authorised to conduct Apache helicopter live weapon firing exercises in the UK. Project managed the first and several subsequent exercises;
• Lead instructor on the initial weapons training and weapons instructor training for Apache and Lynx helicopter crews;
• Project manager and supervisor for a major firework display involving a team of 20 people;
• Organised various social functions for up to 200 people.
March 1984 - September 2007
Royal Army Ordnance Corps
March 1984 - August 1992
• Tours of duty in the UK and Germany; operational tours in Northern Ireland and Saudi Arabia during Gulf War 1;
• Frequently managed technical ammunition repair tasks in specialised workshops with a workforce of up to 20 people;
• Served in bomb disposal teams in Northern Ireland, including responsibility for the maintenance of team equipment, weapons and vehicles, security of explosives and coordination of training plans;
• Selected to work at the bomb disposal training centre to design, construct and place simulated improvised explosive devices (IED) for bomb disposal operator training courses;
• Played a key role in managing the safe and timely despatch of several thousand tonnes of ammunition from storage depots in Germany to Saudi Arabia by road, rail and sea, over a period lasting several weeks and often during severe winter weather conditions during Gulf War 1;
• Held the position of Senior Ammunition Technician in a remote desert storage site in Saudi Arabia managing the storage, inspection, preparation and loading of 27,000 tonnes of ammunition prior to its return to the UK, in temperatures frequently exceeding 45°C.
J Sainsbury plc
August 1982 - March 1984
Ran the frozen food department in a medium sized (16,000 sq ft) supermarket with minimal day-to-day supervision. Included ordering and receiving stock, maintaining appropriate stock levels both in the warehouse and on the shop floor and supervising staff on replenishment duties.
Qualifications & Certifications
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.