Claim you profile
If you are building a highway, transit system or wastewater treatment plant with federal dollars you need an environmental report. I manage and prepare the environmental report to get clearance for the project to go ahead.
LONG RANGE COMMUNITY PLANNER
• Long range planning in communities impacted by natural disasters.
• Received training in Washington by FEMA to address funding needs for public infrastructure projects.
• Has received FEMA security clearance.
• Deployed to two counties on Gulf Coast in Texas.
• Participated in public meetings to identify long term community needs. Prepared draft outline for the Long-Term Community Recovery Plan and wrote sections of the final report. Identified and addressed issues of access, tourism and safety for the community of Sabine Pass in Port Arthur, Texas.
SENIOR ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNER
Collins Engineers, Inc
• Conducting QA/QC audits of Wisconsin engineering projects.
• Marketing community planning services to other consulting firms and local communities.
• Responsible for public involvement and community planning for the Hwy 50 Corridor Study in Walworth County.
SENIOR ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNER
• Department Manager for Environmental and Community Planning.
• Managed the community planning and environmental assessment for the WIS 29 Corridor Preservation Study outside Green Bay and the Rothschild Interchange in Wausau.
• Responsible for report organization and production for the MMSD 2020 Facilities Plan. Major documents produced include: the Data Management Report and the Wet Weather Report.
• Marketing community planning services to other consulting firms.
Parsons Transportation Group
• Project Manager for the Kenosha-Racine-Milwaukee Corridor Transit Study. This project involved working with small rural communities to develop alternatives and build consensus for the project.
• Principal-In-Charge for the Freeway Systems Operation Analysis for Wisconsin DOT.
• Assisted the Chicago office on EISs for high speed rail and a freeway corridor study.
• Played a major role in marketing the firm's community planning services.
• Instrumental in implementing the Strategic Selling process in his office.
• Managed and participated in community planning studies.
• Prepared the environmental document for a major interchange project in Chicago. Worked on several community planning projects for public/private economic development corporations.
• Principal-In-Charge of Transport 2020 Project.
• Responsible for marketing the firm's engineering and community planning services in Wisconsin.
• Completed a neighborhood plan for an area in the City of Milwaukee.
• Co-chair of the Downtown Milwaukee-Transportation Management Association for which he wrote the successful grant application.
• Directed the preparation of the Environmental Impact Statement for a 24-mile extension of the tollway system in Illinois.
• Managed the planning for the proposed General Mitchell International Airport Business Park.
• Responsible for community planning, transportation, and environmental analysis projects in the Milwaukee Office.
• Managed a $2.0 million environmental impact statement on a light rail project in Newark, New Jersey.
• Managed a comprehensive plan for North Chicago, Illinois.
• Assisted several clients address environmental issues as part of property transfer.
• Worked with the U.S. Postal Service to develop Employee Commute Option plans for six facilities in Southeastern Wisconsin.
SENIOR COMMUNITY PLANNER & MILWAUKEE OFFICE MANAGER
Envirodyne Engineers, Inc
• Marketed the firm's community planning capabilities to local, state and Federal governmental agencies as well as private industry.
• Provided planning services to private clients to assist in property transfer, soil and ground water investigation and site remediation.
• Project manager for several community planning projects including GSA for the location of a U.S. Courthouse in Hammond, Indiana; Wis. DOT and IDOT for the environmental review of High Speed Rail service between Milwaukee and Chicago.
• Participated in the Planning Project Team for the site location for a low level nuclear repository in Illinois.
• Managed planning projects for Banc One Venture Corporation, the Mattell Toy Company, City of Milwaukee, Milwaukee Redevelopment Corporation, and a number of banks and law firms.
• Responsible for marketing planning and engineering services to the Federal government, firmwide project management and staff utilization.
• Led the 10 person civil/sanitary engineering technical services group.
• Managed a large multi-year subcontract with USEPA - Region V preparing environmental impact statements on major capital improvements for wastewater management facilities. Other Federal projects included oversight of CSO planning for the Boston Harbor and developing background data for EPA's stormwater regulations.
• Successfully managed planning projects for USEPA Headquarters and Regions I and V, Miller Brewing Company, City of Milwaukee, Milwaukee Insurance, Bank One, Norwest Bank, and several local law firms.
Prior to 1986
CH2M Hill; Milwaukee, WI
Environmental and Community Planning, Program Management
Harland Bartholomew and Associates; Memphis, TN
Community and Transportation Planning, Pine Bluff, Arkansas Railroad Relocation Project;
Disaster Recovery in New York
I am responsible for environmental review of the projects being developed to repair or rebuild public infrastructure damaged during Superstorm Sandy. Project activities include attending Kick-Off meetings with applicants, conducting site visits and working with Project Managers to write damage reports and Scope of Work for the project.
Qualifications & Certifications
John Marshall High School - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
St. Norbert College
Community and Regional Planning
University of Texas at Austin
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.