Marketing Communications Specialist experienced in brand management and consulting across traditional and new media platforms. Currently active in Australasia with past performance record in Asian, European and north American markets over the past 15 years.
Senior Marketing Advisor
Media Corporation NZ
July 2005 - July 2005
Design and execution of strategic marketing and promotional plan that achieved exceptional market penetration and resulted in exceeding Kpi's by 30 percent.
· Directed Website design/development from concept through testing; site received 10K hits upon launch.
· Actively acquired new customer base contributing over 20% of annual revenues.
· Developed and executed integrated marketing structures, including lead generation through direct marketing, and establishing consistency in marcom media
· Introduced Addrive a multimedia diagnostic monitoring system that benchmarks and adjusts ongoing marketing activities in response to changing market conditions; was successfully active in 8 running campaigns
Canadian Consulate General
January 2002 - February 2002
· Developed and monitored a high standard registration system for the business delegates’ service center.
· Managed creative teams/outside agencies in design, copywriting, production and distribution of print collaterals, such as press kits, direct mailers, brochures, and event displays.
· Successfully identified, solicited, and stewarded over 250 valuable individuals, government agencies, foundations, and corporations from Fortune 500 to local firms to partake in Team Canada.
· Assisted the Trade Commissioner of Canada in building executive directories and a special events time line management program.
· Envoy to the Prime Minister of Canada the Rt. Hon. Jean Chretien
Riemer Oswald Gmbh
January 1999 - December 2002
· Lead and managed global marketing strategies across two business units and 5 brands for the German exclusive watchstrap manufacturer; ensured that strategies included market segmentation definition and analysis, competitive analysis and strategy, as well as channel strategy and key account penetration plans; lead pricing analysis and implementation.
· Integrated new processes into marketing and product development, including a stage-gate new-product development process that reduced average time-to-market from 14 months to 8 months.
· Initiated a strategic planning process for distribution partner channel marketing programs and a full product life-cycle management process which lead to a 20% increase in global sales.
· Negotiated volume license agreements and developed an OEM partner sales program leading to 15% reduction of SKU in the first quarter.
· Spawned and introduced a new concept design for a limited upmarket edition leather sport strap targeting the Asian, predominantly Japanese and South Korean, markets as a result from on active market feedback/research.
Assistant to Trade Commissioner
Czech Honorary Consulate
October 1996 - December 1998
· Processed domestic and international licensing agreements at board level in assistance to Czech industrial firms access to the United States distribution and retail market.
· Assisted with the development of market entry strategies including, market identification, product life cycle analysis, and brand rationalization.
· Structured lead brand development initiatives that differentiate company’s products and services; ensure compelling value propositions and create detailed go-to market plans that provide new business opportunities.
Qualifications & Certifications
Master's degree (MIntSt)
University of Otago
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more