junior petroleum engineering http://skillpages.com/mark.karystinos
September 2011 - August 2012
Work experience in managing and operating a company's agency in Chios Island.
96th Engineer National Guard Battalion
November 2010 - August 2011
• Involved in designing several different constructions for military purposes.
• Supervised the progress and completion of designed structures.
• Achieved excellent relations with my superintendents and other soldiers.
• Developed high level skills and practices in order to deal with every day military tasks.
LARCO General Mining & Metallurgical Company, S.A
July 2008 - August 2008
Website: www.larco.gr, Area of business: Smelting Plant, Larymna
Position: Process Engineer/Metallurgist
Worked in the process of nickel-ferrous ores to produce ferronickel with 18% - 24% nickel content:
• Participated in the operation pre-heating and pre-reduction of the ore in Rotary Kilns.
• Noticed the reductive smelting in Submerged Arc Electric Furnaces.
• Managing communications between engineers at Headquarters and technicians in the plant.
• Developed key skills, namely leadership, communication, team management and time-management.
• Personally involved in enrichment - refining using OBM type Converters and in granulation of the ferronickel final product.
• Performed quality tests of the granulated ferronickel product so to be pilled in reference with its Nickel concentration.
L. Chaviaras IMPORT - EXPORT, S.A
• Communicated frequently with suppliers making provisions.
• Worked as a cashier in the company's shop.
Qualifications & Certifications
Msc Petroleum Engineering
Institute of Petroleum Engineering, Heriot-Watt University