Claim you profile
An experienced educationalist with a vast amout of teaching knowledge and an extensive list of teacher training and advancement courses to credit. With 22+ years holistic experience in mentoring and professional development experience in the fields of teaching, curriculum formulation, having competencies in learning, developing and implementing language-teaching strategy at the forefront of current pedagogical practice. Seeking a position to implement twin benefits of acquired experience and teaching savvy to impart superior learning to students, business clients alike.
My actual in-class teaching hours is approximately 25.000. This is broken down to 80% teaching students within the age range of 3 years to 18 years. The remaining 20% is Business and Commercial.
TEFL, Student Selection, English Coaching, Setting Schools & curriculum
From March 2013
, Motivational Skills, Interpersonal & Communication Skills
• TEFL, Student Selection, English Coaching, Setting Schools & curriculum
• Analytical Skills, Ability to Work Under Pressure, Decision Making & Problem Solving Skills
English Teacher, Self Employed, London, UK Mar 2013 - Present
• Currently tutoring 15 International students in advanced English mainly from KSA and UAE, training them to compose the introduction letter, filling out actual applications forms for placements at Yale, Princeton, Harvard, Cambridge, Oxford, LSE and Browns.
Key Responsibilities - English Language Teacher:
• Delivering one-on-one English language lessons across a diverse student portfolio-comprising students from non English-speaking countries.
• Enabling a structured approach for detailed English program improvement plan to optimize performance, class quality and learning outcomes.
• Formulating class curriculum planned teaching methodology and gathered resources required to read, write and speak English.
• Facilitating improvements for teaching and learning and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils by promote positive interaction.
• Planning, evaluating and revising curricula, course content as well as course materials and methods of instruction to best suit the needs of these students.
• Preparing, examining and marking question papers, formulating results and guiding the student on improving existing performance toward meeting established standards and individual competencies.
• Supporting and encouraging students as they learn to become self-motivated and self-directed learners as well as promoting effective teaching and learning.
• Composing monthly progress reports for students, communicating effectively with students, ascertaining deficiencies and providing required support to negate identified deviations from achievement.
• Keeping updated with new teaching methodologies by pursuing The Cambridge TEFL...
Concurrently served as Facilities Manager and Student Selection & Teaching Staff
Up to March 2013
Committing to academic excellence with a focus on student selection and teaching to Cambridge English Standard.
• Planning and delivering teaching methods, enabling students to achieve the high quality standards and organizing student assessments and contributing to recruitment and selection activities.
• Understanding the support needs of a diverse student group and planning, managing and delivering student-centred teaching and learning.
• Conducting student seminars prior to dissertation and examinations, promoting excellence in every aspect of life, and dedicated to developing each individual student.
January 2000 - March 2013
• Demonstrated commitment to high standards, spearheaded the Pastoral Care team providing advice, guidance and information on welfare-related issues to students.
• Led the development of language-teaching strategy and raised the profile of language English teaching and coordinated activities to ensure maximally coherent and efficient delivery of a large-scale teaching operation.
• Developed and maintained training programs through effective referrals for the organization, improving administration, customer service systems and facilitated improvements for teaching and learning.
• Provided input to strategy and planning, involved in running workshops, guest lecturing and in portfolio selection, academic evaluation and student advisory work.
• Demonstrated teaching experience at higher education level, and exposure to the selection and admissions process by resolving multicultural issues and knowledge of the legal position of overseas students.
• Contributed to the recruitment of international students to the College by advising applicants and making offers on the most appropriate course at all levels as well as, running workshops, delivering guest lectures and participating in promotional activities in the UK and occasionally abroad.
• Formulated academic approaches for educational program to enable students of different levels to gain proficiency in English.
• Coached students in academic course ware (English Language & Literature) using appropriate methodologies, prepared course material and assignments, established a proactive rapport in addition to evaluating performance on a regular basis.
• Provided constructive feedback, counselled and disciplined students, applied multiple teaching techniques to best achieve course objectives.
Staff Trainer in English
Staff Trainer in English, Food Hygiene
Taught English to staff, mainly catering and housekeeping staff for developing communication with the hotel guests, also taught Food Hygiene and Health and Safety to all staff to Certificate Standard
Teacher, Save the Children, India
February 1991 - November 1995
• Managed School Effectiveness projects through "Save the Children" to enhance the efficacy of public primary schools systems to ensure quality education in the selected areas of Tanzania, Botswana, Mali and location in India.
• Transformed processes and established systems in place and develop a systematic formula to introduce a yearly curriculum, for quality education and improved school efficacy.
• Started a pilot project in Mumbai and Pune slums in liaison with Oxfam, developed the project from a mere 3 student attendance to over a 100 students each and every day.
• Motivated community towards educating the children, through enrolment campaigns, parents counselling etc.
• Organized and participated in various counselling sessions for students thereby increasing enrolment and retention rates.
• Introduced a concept of flexibility in learning during evenings, taught adults, both men and women the basics and teaching students for an hour or two each day for them to manage tier daily income.
• Coordinated activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum with colleagues and selected a range of different learning resources and equipment.
• Developed new technologies and provided effective leadership in overall planning and strategy setting, including the promotion of academic programs through reviews and assessment of student progress.
• Provided a customized response to literacy strategies and delivered comprehensive professional development programs in liaison with other curriculum leaders.
• Oversaw the formulation and development of training plans, learning strategies, policies and procedures by taking into consideration the educational standard of each pupil.
• Ascertained conformance of learning interventions delivered to academic standards and devising strategies to overcome bottlenecks in learning and development.
Previous Professional Experience:
Qualifications & Certifications
May Ward Institute
London School of Economics
City and Guilds
University College London
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more