SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
22 years experience Power Engineering experience. Certified (First Class Power Engineer). Facility operating and Chief Power Engineer roles.
10 years experience as In-Service Pressure Equipment Integrity Inspector .
ABSA In-Service Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspector (IBPV) National Board
API 510, API 570 ,National Board certified. Highly skilled as an ABSA In-Service Boiler& Pressure Vessel Inspector.
First Class Power Engineer
Highly skilled and experienced in Power Engineering. Many years of experience in facility operation, both in Shift Lead and Chief Engineer positions.
Gas and oil processing.
(SAGD) and Insitu operation
Electric Power Generation
District Heating .
MEG Energy Corp
September 2009 - September 2009
SAGD Heavy Oil Extraction Facility
"Site" Integrity Management Services) "IMS" Supervisor.
• Assisted in Creation and implementation of Asset Integrity Management System.
• Managed Pressure related MOC's, repairs and alterations to existing pressure equipment and maintained regulatory compliance.
• Through diligent management of asset inspections was able to improve asset reliability.
• Greatly improved awareness of all company stakeholders regarding MEG's, and all Regulatory rules and regulations surrounding pressure equipment.
With over 300 pressure equipment assets at site, I supervised the Inspections, repairs, alterations new additions, directed an inspection team of six In-Service Inspectors, relating to all elements of the MEG Energy's Pressure Equipment Integrity Manual (PEIMS).
Trained and guided inspections team to ensure all code and regulatory elements were being adhered to consistently. Worked directly with all stakeholders including Engineering and Operations to increase the inspection intervals and thus was able to assist in the education of site shut down costs. PSV servicing Intervals, car seal audits and all department document control.
As Chief Inspector of MEG's SAGD facilities I was directly involved in pressure equipment failure assessment, and, analysis including piping, and pipelines and field eqipment. Directed laboratory analysis of failed pressure parts and shared findings with stakeholders. Inspection plan development, NDE requirements. Completed equipment inspections, and asset integrity assessments were shared with stakeholders.
Was main contact on site for "New Construction Regulatory Compliance upon installation completion. Worked directly with ABSA's Authorized Inspector (Regulatory Authority) to secure their regulatory approval documentation prior to start up.
During my time at MEG I developed many Fitness for purpose inspection plans and worked with Engineering to obtain acceptance to start-up.
Mark Hillier HILLIER.HILLIER@GMAIL.COM
ALBERTA PACIFIC FOREST INDUSTRIES
• Implemented and improved upon the Asset Integrity Management System for the pulp mill.
• Managed MOC's repairs and alterations to existing pressure equipment and maintained regulatory compliance.
• Improved Shutdown and Inspection planning which improved scheduling and aided in reduced shutdown costs associated with assets of the mill.
• Improved Integrity Management Program so as to enhance better understanding of the program by mill stakeholders.
• Asset Integrity assessments/Fitness for service reviews. Improved some of the facilities' pressure relief device applications for better functionality and reliably of the relief devices.
Alberta Pressure Equipment Safety Authority
• Authorized Inspector for ABSA in the west central portion of Alberta.
• Reviewed and authorized CSA and ASME code stamped fab shops relating to repairs of boilers and pressure vessels. Incident Investigation and reporting.
• Assisted in ABSA Owner / User Fabrication shop Interim and Renewal license audits
Trained in Risk Based Inspection RBI management
• Obtained A endorsement while at ABSA and was authorized to review and accept newly fabricated pressure vessels, and boilers on behalf of ABSA. During my time as an AI, became very fluent with Pressure Equipment Rules and Regulations which is great value added experience when applying it to Total Asset Integrity Management.
Power Plant Operator Shift Lead
Genesee, Clover Bar Thermal Electric Power Stations, Alberta
Qualifications & Certifications
National Board Of Boiler Inspections
National Board Columbus Ohio
Annapolis Regional Community College