Claim you profile
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
25 years of experience teaching English Language, Literature, Media Studies and Drama. For 20 years I was Head of English in various high schools.
From January 2012
(GCSE & A Level English, ESOL)
November 2012 - January 2014
Assessment Associate IGCSE English Language
From May 2012
I marked GCSE English Literature papers for Edexcel for 2 years.
English Coordinator New Eccles Hall School
NEW ECCLES HALL SCHOOL
September 2008 - December 2011
• Teach English to 9-19 year old students, mostly autistic
• Personal tutor to students with problems such as autism, dyslexia, Taurette's syndrome, being damaged and unwanted.
• Run a Drama club that produces inspirational productions
• Teach all levels, including KS2, BTEC and A level.
• Year 8 Year Tutor
• Manage the English department
• Taking a school trip to Moscow
Adult Education tutor and welfare assistant
June 2007 - September 2008
• Teach adults with autism, cerebral palsy, downs syndrome and bipolar diagnoses
• Provide personal care including residential and medical care.
Lecturer in A level English Language and Media Studies
October 2007 - July 2008
• Teach Situation Comedies to GCSE Resit students
• Teach A level English Language
• Work on a National Project on Learning Styles.
Assistant Examiner GCSE English Literature Foundation
I have examined for WJEC for six years.
CROMER HIGH SCHOOL
September 2000 - December 2006
• Manage successful English and Drama departments
• Lead a school into Specialist status
• Set up a Student Council
• Edit the school newspaper
• School photographer
• Being a part of a Senior Management Team
• Teaching students with behavioural difficulties
• Achieving excellent results
• Raising thousands of pounds for charity
• Leading school trips to Europe
Youth Theatre Director
CAISTER HIGH SCHOOL
September 1996 - July 2000
• Manage the English, Drama and Modern Languages departments
• Rewrite the English Curriculum according to the National Curriculum
• Serve on the Senior Management Team
• Teach children with behavioural difficulties
• Raise thousands of pounds for charity
• Edit the school newsletter to parents
Second in English/Head
BENJAMIN BRITTEN HIGH SCHOOL
September 1990 - August 1996
of Media Studies/Acting Head of Drama/Youth Theatre Director/Head of Reprographics
• Manage the Media Studies department
• Teach English and Drama Year 9 to A level
• Manage the Reprographics department with two full time assistants
• Produce the school play
Teacher of English
ORIEL HIGH SCHOOL
September 1987 - July 1990
• Teacher of English and Drama
• Producer of School Promotional Video
• Leader of school visits
Those Forest Men
My second book is a collection of my writing about Nottingham Forest Football Club. The players I have enjoyed watching and those that shared my house when I was young.
Albert and Flora
Published in 2009, my first novel chronicles the life of the first world war air ace, Albert Ball.
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Lincoln
University of Sussex
English Language and Literature
University of Liverpool
South Notts College of Further Education
English Language B
Rushcliffe Comprehensive School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more