Claim you profile
A professional ecologist with seven years field research and project management experience.
• population ecology
• experience of badgers, fox, hares, bats, hedgehogs, otters, water voles, woodland & hedgerow, great crested newt surveys
• radio tracking and live trapping mammals
• collating, analysing and interpreting data
• ArcGIS training (ESRI) and distance sampling
• Cage Trapping and Vaccination of Badgers (LANTRA)
• off-road 4×4 driving experience and training
Food and Environment Research Agency
January 2012 - March 2013
• National Badger Survey of England & Wales
• Badger Vaccine Deployment Project
• Oral Bait Deployment Study
Stroud Valleys Project
November 2009 - October 2011
• Led volunteers on a variety of practical conservation projects
• project management including budgets and report writing
Central Science Laboratory
January 2000 - August 2006
• team leader on the Defra funded “Farm Biosecurity and Badgers” project
• coordinated 60 project farms in Gloucestershire
• data management and landowner liaison
• testing and installing camera-trap equipment
• recruited to the Defra “Ecological Consequences of Badger Removal” project
• co-ordinated and undertook fieldwork in the Midlands and South West England
• data management and analysis using GIS and distance sampling software
• Managed a large scale carcass collection programme for the Defra funded
“Bovine tuberculosis in wild mammals’ project”.
• liaison with farmers, landowners, government agencies, NGOs and public
Qualifications & Certifications
MSc in Biodiversity, Conservation and Ecotourism
East London University
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.