QA Manager, ISO 9000 Qualification And Licensed AMEL
I am a licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. DHC 8 Series, CRJ 200, B7373, B7474 Series and PT6A series.Have done a lot of travelling Managing Major Inspections on our fleet of Aircraft at Voyaguer in North Bay, Canada and SAMCO Aviation in Maastricht, Holland.
Acceptance checks for Pre-Purchase of Aircraft is my speciallity. In addition I was fortunate enought to be exposed to all areas withing the Aircraft Maintenace Environment and gained a wealth of experinience in Maintenance Planning & Engineering and Base / Line Maintenance Departments. I have been the Director of Maintenance for the past 6 years.
In terms of Quality Assurance I have implimented a number of Quality Systems with in the Maintenance division and was aslo repsonsible for Maintating the Quality system. During this had to deal with a number of Audit Entities, i.e WFP, UN, Various Oil Companies and Civil Aviation Authorities.
Adding to this I was the Chairman of Audits Meeting Forums, Airwothiness Meetings and conducting Annaul Quality Reviews of our company.
I was also responsible for Company Manual of Procedures, Maintenance Control Manual and Aircraft Maintenance Programs.
Director of Maintenance
From August 2010
Position: Quality Manager and Line / Base Engineer up to August 2010
• Currently based in Nairobi, Kenya as Director of Maintenance looking after fleet of 3 DHC 8-100 and 1 x DHC 8-Q400 and 2 x C208 B Cessna Caravans on behalf of the AOC
• Responsible for Generating Aircraft Maintenance Programs and annual review including submission at Local Authorities for approval
• Conduct OJT and Aircraft Maintenance Induction course covering company Procedures and Policies
• Chair Monthly Audit Meeting
• Chair 3 Monthly AD / SB and Reliability Meetings. Responsible for evaluating / implementing Preventative Measures in terms of Maintenance Procedures, Maintenance Tasks, amend Aircraft Maintenance Programs and submit to local Authorities for approval.
• Generating Maintenance Procedures Manual and Maintenance Control Manual and annual review and submitting for approval by Local Authorities.
• Responsible for forecasting Maintenance Events, planning of Hangar visits, forecasting of Parts requirements and generating annual budget for Maintenance Department
• Forecasted , planned, budgeted and managed 3 x "C" checks and 40K checks respectively on behalf of the AOC at Voyageur and SAMCO respectively
• Managing both Hangar / Line Maintenance and Maintenance Planning
• Also carried the "hat" of Quality Assurance Manager in an acting capacity
Initially worked as Aircraft Engineer in the Field:
• Based in Khartoum, maintaining a De Havilland Dash 8-100 operating on Contract on behalf of Blue Bird Aviation
• Played a key role in process of company acquiring Exonn approval
• Maintaining a De Havilland Dash 8 - 100 operating on Contract in Chad. Based in Kome and servicing Ndjamina & Douala
• Maintaining a De Havilland Dash 8 - 100 operating on Contract in
Reason for looking to leave: Looking for new opportunity
748 Air Services Ltd
From March 2008
Air Service - Gabon
December 2007 - March 2008
• Maintaining De Havilland Dash 8-100 aircrafts, both hanger maintenance and flight line duties
• Training of local engineers
• Planning of scheduled maintenance for hanger visits
• Overhauling main nose wheels
Reason for leaving: Company had financial problems
Quality Assurance Manager
October 2005 - November 2007
03/2006 - 11/2007
• Responsible for management of quality system within the company
• Auditing all base and line maintenance operation within borders of South Africa and outside borders, i.e. West Africa, East Africa, Bahrain
• On the job training
• Liaise with Civil Aviation Authorities in reference to airworthiness issues, modifications, exemptions etc
• Auditing 3rd party suppliers
• Maintenance of Company Approvals
• Conducting Manual of Procedures Induction course
• Conducting In - house certification
• Since he started with Solenta Aviation, he was instrumental in setting up the AMO in Bahrain. He also wrote their Manual of Procedures in the EASA format which was approved by the local SACAA. In addition complied company Maintenance Control Manual
Reason for leaving: Offered a good package by previous employer in
June 2003 - October 2005
• Maintaining De /Havilland Dash 8 -100 and De Havilland Dash
6-300 aircraft, both hangar maintenance and flight line duties.
• Training of local engineers
• Planning of scheduled maintenance for hangar visits.
• Overhauling main and nose wheels
Reason for leaving: Offered a position by Solenta Aviation
Manager Quality Assurance
S A Express Airways
December 1996 - May 2003
(Quality Assurance - Engineering)
• Ensuring that the quality standard of all maintenance carried out and relevant documentation is carried out in accordance with the Civil Aviation Regulations of 1997, as amended.
• Carry out audits as per Audit program.
• On the job training of technical personnel.
• Ensuring that all manuals in library and archives are kept up to date.
• I deal directly with the Department of Civil Aviation in reporting incidents and acquiring dispensation when required to ferry an aircraft to home base for repairs.
• I am responsible for controlling deferred defects and the rectification thereof by informing Chief Engineer of spares that becomes available and/or when time is available to rectify these defects. Tracking of re-curing defects.
• I attend the monthly safety meetings and give feedback as required.
• I am also responsible for Maintenance Control - this department is directly under my control.
• Dealing with 3rd party to affect repairs that S.A.X are not licensed to do, is also part of my job functions.
• I deal directly with manufacturer to gather technical data to service / repair our a/c.
• Act in the position of Accountable Manager in his absence.
• Had three (3) Production Inspectors working under him.
• Directly responsible for their job allocation, shift roster etc.
• Responsible for incoming inspections on all spares and components.
• Controlling all equipment monthly inspections and completion of log-sheet 09 is also my responsibility.
• Responsible for all revisions to Manual of Procedures.
• Investigating warranty claims if the need arises.
• Instrumental in the renewal of the company AMO license the past three years.
• In March 2000 I took control of Maintenance Planning, Engineering, Purchasing and Technical stores. This is an addition to Quality Assurance. My core function was to ensure compliance to a/c Maintenance Schedules, Service Bulletins, Air Directives, etc. Managing stores to ensure parts...
Up to November 1996
(Boeing Mech. Maintenance)
• Carried out hangar maintenance on B747 classic, B747-400, B7474 Combi and B747SP. Also worked in major maintenance on B747 series a/c, B737 series a/c and Airbus A300
• The general cleanliness of the maintenance areas is also checked on regular basis. I also have a good knowledge of Act 29 of the Transport Services. The upkeep of all a/c manuals and microfilms in accordance with the operator requirements is also an integral part of my job function. I am also responsible for debriefing the cockpit crew on arrival and before departure when an a/c is scheduled for a maintenance check. (Third party customers). I have been involved with J.A.A. (Joint aviation authorities) and F.A.A. (Federal aviation authorities) inspections and have a good knowledge thereof.
• I am very stubborn and strict when it comes to a/c interiors. Passenger comfort and cabin appearances are of great importance and this sells an airline from a technical perspective.
• On the job training.
• Assisting in troubleshooting.
• Ensuring that all maintenance tasks are carried out in accordance with customer's procedures and regulations.
• Investigating technical related incidents and determining what the cause was and what should be done as a preventative measure to ensure that a similar incident will not occur again.
• Investigating reoccurring defects and liaises with other departments concerned to solve the defects.
• Ensuring a high standard of maintenance.
• Ensuring that a/c airworthiness and safety is not compromised.
• Ensuring that all special inspections and modifications are carried out as prescribed.
• Conducting fleet - wise special surveys when an unfamiliar snag is detected, and report to the senior inspector.
• Conducting certification examinations.
• Carrying out maintenance on both aircraft airframe and turbofan engines
• Conducting pre - flight and line transit checks.
Reason for leaving: Identified opportunity within the Regional...
Appointed 3 x Maintenance Planners, freshly form College. At this time set-up the Maintenance Planning and Engineering Department. Trained and exposed the 3 staff members to all the facets of Maintenance Planning. Currently this department is running independantly and effectively.
Managing Major Inspections
Prepared Budget, Planned, Forecasted, Managed Major Inspections on DHC 8-100 Series Aircraft at Voyaguer, North Bay, Canada in 2011 and 2 x Major Inspections at SAMCO Aviation in Maastricht, Holland through 2013.
Aircraft Pre Purchase Inspections
Carried out Due Diligence on DHC 8-Q400 in November / December 2012 at SAMCO Aviation in Maastricht prior to purchase of Aircraft.
Carried Due Diligence on DHC 8-Q100 in Nairobi, Kenya prior to purchase of Aircraft
WFP / Un Approval
I was appointed Director of Maintenance in August 2010. I revamped the Aircraft Maintenance Organization to align with the Companies new Mission and Vision Statements. I implimented the Quality System and we obtained WFP / UN Approvals and was placed on their list of Approved Service Providers. Currently operating for the UN / WFP on contracts
Qualifications & Certifications
Machines and Mathematics
Germiston Technical College
High School Kempton Park
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more