- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Experienced in mineral processing (general - 10 years). Milling (wet and dry), Thickeners, Spirals, Leaching of Au
Experienced in flotation - 14 years. [Phosphates, base metals (Cu, Ni), Au-Sb ores]
Project Management - Basic level
Consulting and Training
Basic experience in process control instrumentation (calibration and maintenance)
Experienced in analysing of data at Columbus Stainless Steel and SGS
Solvent extraction of rare earths for 6 months and rare earth flotation experience for 2 months in laboratory.
Quality and control engineer - 3 years’ experience
SGS South Africa
May 2010 - June 2011
• Design and costing of metallurgical testwork programmes in liaison with clients and participation in project decision making
• Project management: Management and control of metallurgical testwork (bench and pilot) to ensure timely, accurate and cost effective completion.
• Experience in base metal (copper, nickel) flotation as well as flotation of gold and PGM minerals from various ore sources.
• Extensive research on Rare Earth Metal deposit at Steenkampskraal: Proposed project included milling curve, grind optimisation and various flotation reagent tests to separate monazite from copper and iron gangue.
• Evaluation and interpretation of results, recommendation to clients.
• Report writing, data control / processing and reporting of testwork results according to company guidelines.
• Mentoring of subordinate in quality, testwork methodology, safety, time management and enhanced productivity.
• Management of existing client base, and generation of new business from new and existing clients
• Assist Metallurgical Manager in formulation and execution of business and strategic planning.
• Responsible for Health, Safety and Quality within department and adhere to all safety requirements of the SGS management system.
Qualifications & Certifications
Bachelor in Chemical Engineering
University of Pretoria