I am a friendly, energetic, and reliable person with a good sense of humour and enjoy the company of work colleagues. I am capable of working proactively and autonomously, as well as enjoy being part of a team. I am fully conversant with all employment requirements, and strive to do my very best and go the extra mile with a positive and can do attitude at all times.
The bulk of my experience over the years has been in all areas of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Book, Payroll with PAYE returns, GST. This has gained me solid Finance/ Administration/Bookkeeping knowledge with experience to Balance Sheet. I have an Intermediate to Advanced level capabilities with Excel, Word, MYOB Accounts Office and Premier, Accredo, Attaché Pro, Xero, Sage ACCPAC (ERP), along with various Payroll software, as detailed in my CV.
Positions I have had, involved significantly large volumes of creditor and debtor roles in fast paced corporate environments, including invoice processing, debt recovery, and allocations of
remittances. I am able to build up very good relations with customers and suppliers alike, demonstrating excellent service, negotiation and communication skills. I am well organised with a methodical working style. I am able to provide the experience and knowledge that will be expected of me, taking on more tasks and responsibilities as I settle into my roles.
I am an “Accounts all-rounder” with excellent collection strategies and loss prevention techniques.
I am a motivated and versatile professional with high standards of performance and output.
CCS Disability Organization
January 2014 - March 2014
(Contract through Hayes)
A non profit organisation that financially aids disabled people to fit into society as comfortable as possible.
• Assisted the Accountant in sorting out a very messy and overdue Debtors Ledger on Attaché Pro, by reconciling and phoning for overdue monies, plus sorting out a number of old queries.
• Assisting the Accounts Payable Department with the processing of Invoices received from suppliers and reconciling them to the statements.
Remondis Waste Limited
September 2013 - November 2013
(Contract through Changing Jobs)
A large Waste Collection Company that serviced western regions of Auckland.
• The company was sold and I assisted the Accountant with phoning and writing letters to all overdue Debtors. The results were very good as they did not expect to bring in such a high percentage due to a vast amount of queries that were never attended to.
July 2013 - August 2013
(Contract through Changing Jobs)
A large Waste Collection Company servicing the entire south of Auckland.
• Short term contract assisting in the debt collection department, by phoning customers all day for payments that are overdue on RMS
Finance & Admin Controller
The Plastic Repair Company
May 2011 - May 2013
Family owned Panel Beating Company specialising in Bumper repairs.
• Daily reconciliation of Cash Book in MYOB Premier.
• Processing and reconciling of Supplier Invoices, and making payments are made in an accurate and timely manner.
• Daily follow up on arrears in Accounts Receivable, ensuring customers do not fall behind in payments
• Daily Cash Flow Forecasts to ensure sufficient funds are available at all times.
• Budget forecasting.
• Payroll - processing and payment of weekly wages on Smart Payroll from time sheets and clock cards.
• Monthly Profit & Loss reporting with month end adjustments.
I changed the company's way of planning by introducing to them a user friendly daily cash forecast spreadsheet for them to understand. This enabled them to focus more clearly on the marketing side of the business as finances were extremely tight.
Systems were streamlined to run more efficiently. I always managed to maintain the Debtors Ledger overdues well below 3%.
Sudima Hotel Group
March 2011 - April 2011
(Contract through Graham Consulting)
A group of 5 Hotels in New Zealand
• I assisted the Financial Manager with weekly pay runs on IMS & Time filer.
• Time filer was monitored daily and then approved for 250 staff members at the Sudima Airport Hotel and the
Sudima Hotel in Christchurch.
• A weekly export was made from Time filer to IMS Payroll, checking and then exporting to ANZ for payment.
• Full function of Accounts Payable on Accredo for the two hotels, processing of large volumes of Invoices and reconciling to Suppliers statements for payments.
Peak Healthcare Ltd
March 2010 - March 2011
A Malaysian company that owns and operates a group of sustainable medical general practices throughout New Zealand.
• Daily Cash Book Reconciliations of 14 Cash Books, by exporting from BNZ into Attaché Pro.
• Large volume in Accounts Payable, batching, processing, coding costs correctly for General Ledger purposes, checking Supplier Invoices, ensuring they are authorized correctly for payment. I then reconciled to Supplier Statements, and made payments in an accurate and timely manner.
• Processed all Invoices in Accounts Receivable, (Non patient fees) reconciliations, Credit Control with telephonic and written requests for payments on overdue accounts. Assisted practices with their Medtech accounts.
• Performed Daily Cash Flow Forecasts.
• Presented monthly P & L reports and assisted with month end adjustments and journals to the chart of accounts. General Ledger reconciliations (assisted with financial account processes, including accruals, journals etc.) IRD reporting and making payments of PAYE, FBT, GST & WHT. General office administration from petty cash to Staff Expenses with mileage claims and overseas travel.
The company grew from 5 to 12 Medical practices in my 12 months of contract. I to manage the work load with quite a lot of hours in overtime, processing an average of 3,000 Creditor Invoices a month as well as reconciling 14 active Cash Books to which I introduced a daily cash forecast to the Company in order to control the cash flow in advance.
Withers Tsang & Company
September 2008 - February 2010
One of New Zealand's finest leading Firm of Accountants specializing in yearly accounting functions in the Property rental
• I had ownership of a portfolio with dedicated clients that owned rental properties as investments throughout New Zealand and Australia, completing their general year end compliance work.
• Liased with clients on any queries, obtained missing information, continuously ensuring effective and efficient delivery of financial statements and filing of Tax returns to IRD on time.
• Prepared financial statements and completed all tax related returns online with IRD by processing day to day affairs of income and expenses, which included payroll, debtors and creditors.
• All work was done within a set budget for each client on MYOC Accounts Office.
I was the only Assistant Accountant who worked alongside 20 very bright young Accountants doing their Accounting degrees. I
gained a vast amount of experience in the New Zealand property market regarding IRD requirements for yearly tax end returns. I
had to learn at an alarming pace in order to keep up with the rest of the group, doing BAS and Tax returns.
Accounts Receivable Officer
Brand Developers t/a The TV Shop
December 2006 - September 2008
A leading Australasian Company that offers the comfort of home shopping of their products advertised on TV.
• Sole charge of Accounts Receivable Ledger on S.O.S. phoning for overdue payments and sending out approx 2000 mail merged letters on a weekly basis.
• Sole charge of Pharmacy retail accounts on MYOB, with banking and allocations done on a daily basis.
Assisted with Accounts Payable Data entry of all Creditors invoices on MYOB and reconciled to Supplier Statements.
I managed a large volume of accounts totalling approximately $5million on the Debtors ledger, lowering the overdues from 27 percent to 4 percent in a matter of 6 months and maintained it that way. Their software had no features for letter writing, so I suggested we did a mail merge as the volume was too large to do them manually.
Sole Proprietor of a Thai Restaurant and Take
December 2004 - November 2006
January 1992 - November 2004
• Management of both the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Departments on ACCPAC.
• Daily reconciliations of Company Cash Books along with regular cash forecasts.
• HR, Payroll (Salaries and Wages) Staff Compliment of 100 on V.I.P Payroll Software along with VAT, FBT, PAYE.
• Month end Management Reporting to Head Office.
• Organised and management of yearly Stock Take and reporting.
• Management of Fixed Assets Register.
• General Ledger Reconciliations and Inter-Company payment transfers.
I started employment with the company as a credit controller, and within 4 years I had 3 promotions, finally clinching the role of
Financial Manager. The company had major theft problems with their deliveries and I suggested they use logo-branded security
tape on all boxes that went out on deliveries, with railways or other delivery companies. I reconciled a large chain store account for them and managed to collect half a million Rands worth of old debt that they were prepared to write off.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more