Claim you profile
Flemish/Dutch, German, French and English
I am a native Flemish/Dutch speaker who was born and and grew up in Germany.
I was taught French from age 10 and English from 12 at school and used all these languages in the different jobs I have done.
After moving to the UK I combined full time work with studying towards a degree and got a BA Hons from the Open University (in German, French and European Union).
Though I am not a qualified translator I have a lot of experience in translating/localisation projects.
I translate from Flemish/Dutch, French and German into English and from English into Dutch.
From March 2011
From March 2005
From April 2003
Salford/Manchester Contact Centre
Avis Budget Group
From March 2002
Logistics planner BeNeLux
From May 2001
Weapons Technician/Fire control operator
From August 1991
Started as sailor 1991 and worked up to Petty Officer and then passed Chief Petty Officer course in 2000.
* I spent nearly 8 years on frigates (3 full operational cycles) of which 6-9 months a year at sea/abroad.
In between there was the odd embarkation on other (foreign) units.
* Involved in periodic maintenance and also upgrades/updates for weapons and sensor systems.
(DCNS, Aérospatiale – now MBDA)
* Courses abroad within French, German and Dutch navies.
Duties (included but not limited to):
* In harbour:
- watch keeping (Fire Fighting, weapons and ammunition storage),
- (preventive and corrective) maintenance of weapons systems, incl.:
-- small calibre hand- and machine guns,
-- main 100mm gun,
-- Sea Sparrow (NSSMS) and Exocet (MM-38) missile systems,
-- L5 Torpedo and 375mm Rocket Launcher).
Training of crew (fire arm drill, fire fighting, etc)
and receiving training off base and abroad.
Administration of section crew members.
Organising, planning and delivering training courses.
Update plans, files, manuals for weapons systems.
* At sea, in Operational/Exercise Zone):
- Defence watch duty shifts in the Combat Information Center, as ARTillery OPerator, later Weapons Control Officer reporting directly to Principal (Air / Surface) Warfare Officer.
*At sea, Underway:
- "Deck" Assistant Officer of the Watch on the Bridge (night)
- (preventive and corrective) maintenance of weapons systems (day)
- Assistant of Bosun, preparing deck equipment and firing gun lines for
Replenishment At Sea (RAS) - UNREP (Underway Replenishment) CONREP - Alongside and towing
Qualifications & Certifications
Diploma in German, Diploma in French, Governing the European Union
The Open University
Maths, Dutch, English, French, Physics, Biology, Geography, Chemistry
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.