Flexible IT / Project Manager with 16 years of international experience (Europe, South America, UAE and Saudi Arabia), including diversified IT, People and Project Management. Worked for multinational Fortune 100, small and midsize companies. Innovator with exceptional skills in implementation of teams and systems in local and global environments. Leader with exposure to wide range of IT environments, including companies experiencing rapid expansion (up to 60 %). Considerable experience identifying need for and implementing change, acting as conduit between IT and business strategy and delivering IT operational excellence and efficiency.
Service Desk Manager & Technical Manager of IT
Cassidian, an EADS Company
January 2010 - January 2010
• Work Package Manager for IT Engineering in a 2 Billion U$ Project.
• Responsible for 12 IT Engineers in Germany and Saudi Arabia.
• Part of the responsibility is the scheduling and staffing of this Workpackage
• Responsible of the 24x7 Service Desk, with a team of 8 Saudi IT Engineers.
• Support services for all equipment related to IT, Communication and Sensors at the border.
• Management, Reporting, Key Performance Indexes, Service Level Agreements
March 2007 - September 2009
Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Feb 09 – Sep 09
Buenos Aires, Argentina, Mar 07 – Jan 09
• Six months as a Technical Project Manager on behalf of ]init[ and the GTZ (German Technical Cooperation) for the Saudi e-Government Program Yesser in Riyadh, KSA. One of my responsibilities has been supervising the creation of the Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP). Worked directly with the Operational Manager. Additionally worked one month in Abu Dhabi, UAE to help with their DRP.
• Researched and planned an implementation of a CRM System (10-15 users) for a US/Mexican Travel Company
• Reviewed Business Processes and streamlined the organisation with a Project and Action Plan for AtoBiz SRL in Argentina. Resulting in a 20 % of increase in productivity in the first month.
• Created a Project Plan and did research for Prana Systems LLC, a US company, on how to setup a legal entity and office in Buenos Aires. The objective was to outsource the entire backoffice. (Helpdesk, Sales, Marketing etc.)
IT Manager - Global Infrastructure
December 2005 - February 2007
• Responsible for strategic and tactical architecture, design, planning, implementation and operation of our global IT Infrastructure, including but not limited to servers, workstation, networks, information security, e-mail, and Cisco voice systems in 7 different locations.
• Managed a team of 7 Network Engineers, Administrators and Technical Support in Argentina and the US through objective setting and annual performance reviews.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with Executives, key customers and IT vendors.
• Planed long-term technology roadmap in conjunction with the CIO and Executives.
• Successfully installed a new FoIP System, built redundancy on Exchange, added server into the Citrix Farm, upgraded Blackberry, installed SAN/NAS Devices, upgraded from Cisco Conference Connection to Meeting Place Express, opened an office in New York (Q1 / 2007) and initiated the process of rebuilding their entire global Network (MPLS, SIP, bandwidth upgrade, replacing Routers and Switches, adding PIX and IDS).
Project Manager (Freelance)
January 2002 - December 2005
• Set up a 24/7 multilingual Helpdesk by interviewing more than 200 candidates. Built a new organisation in Buenos Aires to support European customers.
• Successfully installed more than 14.000 LANDesk Clients for Honeywell in 20 different countries in EMEA.
• Worked as support for the Regional IT Manager at the Pre-opening of the Park Hyatt in Milan.
• Started and ran a European Helpdesk (Service Level Agreement, Recruitment of 10, Management, Training) in Brussels.
• Supervised a change from Token Ring to Ethernet in Hamburg.
European Project Manager Infrastructure
Honeywell Friction Materials
January 2001 - November 2001
• Reported to the European IT Director.
• Responsible for operations of all IT Infrastructure in Europe, including, but not limited to servers, 1200 workstation, networks, information security, e-mail, and voice systems in 10 different locations.
• Functional leader of 15 persons across Europe.
• Successfully completed an upgrade in one plant from Token Ring to Ethernet.
• Supervised a PC-Refresh in the entire region.
• Upgraded several circuits across Europe to match the demands of a new version of SAP.
PC & LAN-Administrator (Windows NT)
Honeywell (former AlliedSignal)
August 1998 - January 2001
• Responsible for 3rd level support of 100 PC’s in Belgium, UK, Germany, Italy.
• Projects: SAP migration, NT migration, MS-Exchange migration.
February 1997 - July 1998
• Customers: Boole & Babbage (now BMC), Weil, Gotshal & Manges, Covington & Burling.
• Programming in FoxPro 2.6.
• Network Administrator (Novell 4.x; GroupWise; Lotus Notes).
Boole & Babbage (now BMC Software)
August 1995 - February 1997
• Responsible for 60 PC’s in Ratingen, Munich and Zurich.
• Novell 3.x, 4.x.
Qualifications & Certifications
Chamber of Commerce, Dusseldorf, Germany
Higher Business School, Hilden, Germany
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more