From July 2012
• Develop high levels of customer satisfaction at Gold mines and Platinum mines.
• Sales of highly energy efficient underground fans where operating efficiencies are 25% more on fan efficiency plus 30% less power used than opposition products.
• Monitor and audit 850 fans underground at Sibanye Gold mines where R6 million is saved monthly power savings.
• Verify audits by NW University and Sibanye Gold.
• Develop a shared saving model for Mines battling with capital repayments
July 2009 - June 2012
• Design and delivery a cost effective mining methodology for
Burnstone Gold Mine
• Perform fractional gold analysis over nine size fractions to ascertain where gold losses are occurring
• Introduce borehole camera technology to identify displaced reefs
• Design and analyse a tramming method to replace trucking vs conveyor
Underground mining training facilitator
Snowden Mining Consultants
Up to June 2009
1. Job description:
• responsible for training of mine officials
In strata control.
• Assessment of mine officials in identification and treatment of underground strata control hazards.
• Compiling of underground reports and presenting to senior management on respective mines.
• Measurable contribution made by current course to mines overall safety record.
Sales and Marketing Manager Goldfields Division
• Responsible for the supplying of SMT timber products to Kloof and Driefontein mines.
• Involved in the design of SMT underground timber support products and the testing of these products at CSIR
• Involved in forecasting of expected mine usage of SMT timber products and the respective company quarterly sales budgeting.
• Organised the delivery logistics of SMT products to respective shafts
• Involved in the monitoring of underground performance of SMT timber products supplied to the respective mines.
• Held the legal appointment for safety supervision for all subcontractors manufacturing timber products on Kloof mine shafts.
• Responsible for the training of instructors of SMT timber products supplied to mine on both surface and underground
Backfill Research Projects Manager
• Setup projects on various gold and platinum mines to monitor underground performance of backfill systems
• Involved with design of underground support systems as well as implementation on site (underground) in SA mines varying from Northam Platinum in N.W, to Harmony Mine in OFS
West Rand Cons
• Involved in underground gold mine production as a learner official
Qualifications & Certifications