Claim you profile
Brooklyn, New York, NY, USA
Russian Speaker, Designer, Excel, Illustrator, Photoshop, Customer Service, Great Communication Skil
I am a native Russian speaking professional in NYC. I have excellent oral and written communication skills in both languages.
Sr. Sweater Designer/Womens and Men's Sweaters/Consultant
Zhonguin/Vertically Integrated Contemporary Cashmere Company
From February 2013
Responsible for the Design and Technical Design from concept through production of an in-house seasonal collection and Private Label programs for: BLUEFLY, BLOOMINGDALES, SAKS, HELMUT LANG, TJMaxx.
Sr.Sweater Designer/Men's Sweaters/ Consultant
August 2012 - February 2013
Fully responsible for the Design and Technical Design of a launch of newly acquired license category. Hired to design a high taste Fall/Holiday 2013 line at a target price.
• Research market trends and prepare concept boards.
• Create a color palette.
• Source and develop new yarns; changing formulas when needed to fit the target price.
• Source and design trims.
• Execute sketches, cads, patterns.
• Approve lab dips, knitdowns, yarns.
• Prepare initial technical packages, layouts, graphs.
• Conduct fittings, make necessary changes and comments and communicate them to factories.
• Responsible for all decisions concerning design, technical design and integrity of a product.
• Make presentations to and stay in constant communication with store buyers and Parent License Company..
Sr. Knitwear Designer/ Men's and Women's Sweaters, Sweater Dresses, Cold Weather Accessories
DZ GROUP/ Contemporary Luxury Knitwear
February 2010 - August 2012
, Cut And Sew Knits/All Size Categories/Full Time Consultant.
• Responsible for Product Development and Technical Design of all product for Private Label programs for BLUEFLY/WYATT and HAYDEN labels, as well as for BARNEY'S, BLOOMINGDALE'S, NORDSTROM, SAKS, ANNE TAYLOR.
• Designed and developed an in-house, DZ label collection of luxury cashmere contemporary knits for all categories.
• Responsible for Technical Design from concept through production of a Luxury Contemporary Branded line, DUFFY, sold in Europe and USA. Can be see on Net-a-Porter.
Sr.Technical Designer- Women's Sweaters and Knits/Full Time Consultatnt
September 2009 - February 2010
• Technical development of product from concept through production.
• Served as a knit consultant on all design and technical issues.
Design Director/Contemporary Cashmere Sweaters
CASUAL EXPRESS APPAREL
June 2008 - August 2009
• Responsible for the overall design, direction and fit of INCASHMERE, a branded contemporary line sold in specialty stores as well as Private Label programs for BLOOMINGDALES and NORDSTROM.
• Supervised a staff of designers and technical designers.
• Travelled overseas for design inspiration/production.
Sr. Designer-Women's Sweaters and Knits
May 2006 - June 2007
/All Size Categories
• In charge of designing contemporary sweaters at a price for DAISY FUENTES/Kohl's and METRO7/Walmart.
• Created color and yarn stories, hand illustrations for seasonal presentations to the Management.
• Responsible for all initial technical packages that included diagrams, graphs and patterns.
• Supervised fit sessions for all size categories.
• Supervised a staff of assistant and freelance designers.
• Traveled to China for production and R&D.
• Worked with domestic factories on sample production.
Designer-Novelty Sweaters and Knits
Designed and developed a novelty driven sweater and cut and sew knitwear line focused heavily on surface design, that included embroidery, beading, crochet, appliqués, and hand knits, sold primarily in specialty stores, catalogues.
• European Travel for Inspiration/Asian Travel for R&D and production.
• Responsible for the design and development of Women's Sweaters and Knits for VILLAGER and FIRST ISSUE.
• Travelled to Hong Kong, Taiwan for R&D, production issues and price negotiation.
Freelance Sweater Designer
Qualifications & Certifications
PARSONS SCHOOL OF DESIGN
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more