Russian Speaker, Designer, Excel, Illustrator, Photoshop, Customer Service, Great Communication Skil
I am a native Russian speaking professional in NYC. I have excellent oral and written communication skills in both languages.
Sr. Sweater Designer/Womens and Men's Sweaters/Consultant
Zhonguin/Vertically Integrated Contemporary Cashmere Company
From February 2013
Responsible for the Design and Technical Design from concept through production of an in-house seasonal collection and Private Label programs for: BLUEFLY, BLOOMINGDALES, SAKS, HELMUT LANG, TJMaxx.
Sr.Sweater Designer/Men's Sweaters/ Consultant
August 2012 - February 2013
Fully responsible for the Design and Technical Design of a launch of newly acquired license category. Hired to design a high taste Fall/Holiday 2013 line at a target price.
• Research market trends and prepare concept boards.
• Create a color palette.
• Source and develop new yarns; changing formulas when needed to fit the target price.
• Source and design trims.
• Execute sketches, cads, patterns.
• Approve lab dips, knitdowns, yarns.
• Prepare initial technical packages, layouts, graphs.
• Conduct fittings, make necessary changes and comments and communicate them to factories.
• Responsible for all decisions concerning design, technical design and integrity of a product.
• Make presentations to and stay in constant communication with store buyers and Parent License Company..
Sr. Knitwear Designer/ Men's and Women's Sweaters, Sweater Dresses, Cold Weather Accessories
DZ GROUP/ Contemporary Luxury Knitwear
February 2010 - August 2012
, Cut And Sew Knits/All Size Categories/Full Time Consultant.
• Responsible for Product Development and Technical Design of all product for Private Label programs for BLUEFLY/WYATT and HAYDEN labels, as well as for BARNEY'S, BLOOMINGDALE'S, NORDSTROM, SAKS, ANNE TAYLOR.
• Designed and developed an in-house, DZ label collection of luxury cashmere contemporary knits for all categories.
• Responsible for Technical Design from concept through production of a Luxury Contemporary Branded line, DUFFY, sold in Europe and USA. Can be see on Net-a-Porter.
Sr.Technical Designer- Women's Sweaters and Knits/Full Time Consultatnt
September 2009 - February 2010
• Technical development of product from concept through production.
• Served as a knit consultant on all design and technical issues.
Design Director/Contemporary Cashmere Sweaters
CASUAL EXPRESS APPAREL
June 2008 - August 2009
• Responsible for the overall design, direction and fit of INCASHMERE, a branded contemporary line sold in specialty stores as well as Private Label programs for BLOOMINGDALES and NORDSTROM.
• Supervised a staff of designers and technical designers.
• Travelled overseas for design inspiration/production.
Sr. Designer-Women's Sweaters and Knits
May 2006 - June 2007
/All Size Categories
• In charge of designing contemporary sweaters at a price for DAISY FUENTES/Kohl's and METRO7/Walmart.
• Created color and yarn stories, hand illustrations for seasonal presentations to the Management.
• Responsible for all initial technical packages that included diagrams, graphs and patterns.
• Supervised fit sessions for all size categories.
• Supervised a staff of assistant and freelance designers.
• Traveled to China for production and R&D.
• Worked with domestic factories on sample production.
Designer-Novelty Sweaters and Knits
Designed and developed a novelty driven sweater and cut and sew knitwear line focused heavily on surface design, that included embroidery, beading, crochet, appliqués, and hand knits, sold primarily in specialty stores, catalogues.
• European Travel for Inspiration/Asian Travel for R&D and production.
• Responsible for the design and development of Women's Sweaters and Knits for VILLAGER and FIRST ISSUE.
• Travelled to Hong Kong, Taiwan for R&D, production issues and price negotiation.
Freelance Sweater Designer