Claim you profile
Trainer; Writer; Course Developer;
Developed courses for training both hardware skills (Micom 2000/3000 series through Microsoft Office and the WordPerfect Suite). Additionally developed courses for proprietary software for a client. Currently creating a course for the academic industry providing communication skills to graduating college students.
From June 1999
• Contracted to present public and on-site seminars (for specific clients). Created custom courses for several on-site clients in a variety of industries.
• Certified in more than 15 topics.
• Have won numerous awards for both presenting skills and sales.
Contracted as staff instructor
March 1995 - December 1998
for field sales personnel. Created Quick Reference documentation for the Microsoft Office Suite as well as proprietary sales force automation software and other packages.
• Wrote manuals for ABC Flowcharter, WordPerfect to Word transition, and several proprietary software packages.
• Assisted in the implementation of SAP 2.0 within four BASF business groups. This included writing manuals, quick reference guides, developing "cheat sheets" as well as providing instruction on several modules of the software.
CORPORATE SOFTWARE TRAINING; Raleigh, NC 7/94 - 12/94
• Conducted introductory, intermediate, and advanced classes on a wide variety of software packages including Windows 3.1, Word 6.0, WordPerfect 5.2 and 6.0, Lotus 1-2-3 4.0, Excel 5.0, Novell Netware 3.11, Powerpoint 4.0, and Access 2.0.
• Worked with the Senior Instructor to create new and improve existing documentation.
Member of the task force charged
November 1991 - July 1994
with developing and updating a comprehensive manual for administrative support personnel.
• Provided unofficial training and assistance to staff members on hardware and software. Sole responsibility for maintaining updates for internal manual and adaptation of the manual for use at off-site facilities.
Assisted Executive Director
INTERNATIONAL MAGNETIC IMAGING
June 1990 - July 1991
with creation of employee manuals as well as all aspects of opening three new MRI centers.
JON DAVIS ASSOCIATES
July 1987 - June 1990
• Created end-user documentation for a wide range of business communication equipment (key, hybrid key, and PBX systems).
• Provided training to class sizes of up to 30 on business communication equipment.
• Installed, programmed system features, and trained end users of a PC-based automated attendant/voice mail system. Scheduled appointments with customers and held follow-up appointments to ensure satisfaction and provide additional training as required.
• Translated manufacturer's documentation into clearly written language and useable manuals.
May 1986 - July 1987
Trained staff of 35 on new business communication system.
• Coordinated the company's move from Ft. Lauderdale to Deerfield Beach, FL Included in this was researching and making recommendations for communications equipment.
Information Services Rep
July 1980 - August 1984
• Provided technical assistance to business computer and communication system dealers and end users. Recommended type and size of system, configuration, and hardware applications.
• Worked on the "trouble desk" to solve equipment and client problems.
• Trained personnel in console operation and served as staff instructor for Micom 2000 and 3000 series word processors. Accomplishments include course development and design of the manual for Micom training as well as writing documentation for Information Services training process which substantially improved department efficiency.
Qualifications & Certifications
Pompano Beach Senior High School
Florida Bible College; Nova University; University of Maryland
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more