- Full time
- Part time
- One time
More of 25 years experience in equipment & piping for Oil & Gas, Refinery Projects and Power Plant, Chemical Projects:
• Design activities and projects, as follows: 3D modelling equipment, piping; stress analysis; preparation of piping classes; preparation of piping specifications; preparation of line list; isometrics, other details; Piping & Equipment layouts; preparation of typical & special support list; preparation of piping material list (B.O.M.); as-build documentation; checking and coordination of some projects as chief of team;
• Good experience in equipment and piping modelling – using first Inventor, Solid Woks, Solid Edge, Cad Pipe (ISO, ORTHO, 3D), Bentley Auto Plant, Cad Worx, and then PDS / PDMS having as support Micro Station & AutoCAD, Smart Plant - Equipment & Piping Modelling, Pipe Support Design & Modelling, Plot plans, Isometric and Layout Drawings.
• Experience in review and checking with Navis Woks & Smart Plant Review.
• Experience with codes and standards as: EUROPEAN Norms and Standards, ASME and ASTM Standards, API, MSS SP, AWWA Standards, BS, OMV procedures, PETROM standards and so on.
• Technical assistance on site, solutions for the problems in execution, the connection between client and design teams.
Lead Piping / Equipment - Design Engineer
From May 2013
PDS / PDMS Project Coordinator and Checker / Supervisor for PDMS Project AKER Solutions - Pune / India.
Senior Mechanical Piping / Equipment / Structures
TEBODIN Romania & the Neaderland - Hengelo Office
January 2012 - April 2013
AKZO Nobel Project - PDB Conversion Mercury Electrolyzes Frankfurt - chemical project.
PDMS & CADWorx / AutoCAD: using modules "Paragon" for Catalogues and Specifications ; " Design 3D" for modeling Piping & Equipment ; Pipework&Supports; "Draft" and "ISODraft" for Isometrics / Layouts and Plot Plans drawings.
- Preparing the database - catalogs and specifications, piping specs; Review material selection, check for compatibility between piping material specification and equipment lists, review of interdepartmental documents like: process data sheets, mechanical data sheet, piping material specification.
-Modelling equipment and pipeline routes - the first time for the basic model and then remodelling for detail model with updated data for piping information or equipment data-sheets;
- Work - with the process team - to finalize P & IDs, also made mark-ups on the "master process" documents required according with new information's for piping / equipment;
- Work - with equipment team- to finalize data-sheets and sending them to the vendors;
- Daily check the model using Navis Works (Smart Plant review) files to remove any possible clashes or to find optimal solutions for a good routing and correct position to the supports;
- Help for my younger colleagues for somehow to model / design fairly and effectively;
- Extracting ISO's and MTO's, check them carefully;
- Work on layouts - plan views and sections - and prepared a good variant for the client.
*Piping Stress Analysis - Caesar II
In parallel with the design and checking I had the role of trainer for the new or the younger colleagues. In the context of organized daily or weekly sessions I presented them subjects like:
- The Basic of Plant and Plant Layout specification;
- Plant description, PFD and P&IDs Drawing interpretation;
- Plot Plan Development, Types, Equipment Location and Spacing, Pipe Racks, Roads, Access, Way, Buildings and Paving;
- Overview of Compressors,...
Design supervisor - Lead - equipment/piping/meaning & metallurgy
SNC LAVALIN ROMANIA S.A., ROMANIA
* CLC - Mining & Metallurgy Project, Las Cruces - Spain -Solid Works / Smart Plant project + AS BUILT
* BARRO ALTO nickel project in Brazil / Belo Horizonte- Mining / Oil& Gas Project - Brasilia - Solid Edge /SMART PLANT/ AutoCAD P&ID
* GORDES - Smart Plant Project- Canada - Toronto - Lead Piping - Romanian Team.
* STRESS ANALISYS - Caesar II - models & reports.
* Before starting the two largest projects it was necessary I to support familiarization training for my colleagues relating to:
- Guideline for:
1. APPLICABLE CODES AND STANDARDS (American and European norms and standards).
2. EQUIPMENT & PIPING MATERIAL SELECTION CRITERIA
3. FACTORS AFFECTING PIPING or EQUIPMENT MATERIAL SELECTION
4. VALVE SELECTION CRITERIA
- Design Strategy- Materials of Construction / Design Pressure & Temperature / Sizing / Stress Analysis / Flange, Gaskets and Bolting Materials / Piping Supports / Testing and Flushing / Metallic Piping Systems/ Plastic Piping Systems / Rubber and Elastomeric Piping Systems / Lined Piping Systems / Valves / Ancillary Equipment / Corrosion Protection / Design Example / And many others.
* General Activities:
I always had two roles:
- I participated in the design proper - with all that meant: preparation classes' pipe preparation line list, often I realized Pipe Design Criteria document, I also modelling, preparation client deliverables (MTO, isometric, lay-outs) etc.
- The second role was to coordinate and verification - I used programs such as Smart Plant Review, NavisWorks - I checked if the lines make connections between components required by P&IDs, if the name was correct, if the line had all the elements and according to specifications.
In case of clash or too complicated and uneconomical routes I did print screens - I made comments and discuss with my colleagues these situations - Would be:
- Always because I modelled equipment after initial designs I worked with the Mechanical Department and helped them the finalizing...
Senior Design Engineer, Checker Equipment & Piping
LUDAN ENGINEERING S.R.L
Bentley / Auto Plant Projects.
* INSA OIL REFINERY - Light Diesel and Gasoil Hydro desulfurization;
* STEAUA ROMANA refinery - Campina, Romania - SRU + HDS;
* BPR - New SRU + HDS, Bulgaria
* ENZYMOTEC NEW PLANT - Ludan Engineering CO.Ltd, Romania
* PETROBRAZI - KH - TFOP/Crude oil/Additives, Romania
* New SRU/ TGT- Petromidia/ Navodari, Romania
*Same activities as above - using the programs: Auto Plant, PDMS.
Design Supervisor I - PDS / Micro Station / PDMS projects
WASHINGTON E & C ROMANIA S.R.L
Client: Fluor - Gas and Oil Hydro treating Unit
* Project for Petrobrazi Branch - Equipment and Piping Modelling.
* Client: Qatar Gas
* Project: Common Sulphur- Fire Water system - Modelling Piping & Equipment
* Project: Brandon Shores AQCS/ Princeton - USA, Constellation Power Source Generation - Cleveland/ Ohio/ USA Office - P&ID Design/ Equipment and Piping Modelling + Pelican Forge - libraries for Supports; modelling and support details.
*Same activities as above - using the programs: PDS, PDMS
* Designing and implementing large-sized projects in oil and gas production field (refinery and gas plants, chemical, petrochemical and fertilizer plants, onshore and offshore pipeline systems;
* Flow Diagrams/ Equipment Layouts/ Piping Drawings - Lay-out (Plan View) + Piping Isometrics/ Piping Line Lists/ Equipment Layouts/ Piping supports / Static and dynamic stress calculation;
* Loading/unloading facilities for liquid gases between "Dana 9-Midia Harbour and cryogenic storage spheres "for ethylene -propylene.
Detail engineering, technical assistance;
* Import - export liquid gases ethylene and propylene storage; Revision LDPE plant. (Piping/ Equipment);
* Piping for Plant Revamping, Rompetrol - LPDE (License Snamprogetti)-Acoustical study (Nuovo Pignone) - Compressors K-101; K-102.
Detail engineering, technical assistance;
* Import-export liquid gases and ethylene and propylene storage; Revision LDPE plants;
* Loading/unloading station for road-tanks ethylene. Gassing-up for propylene, ethylene storage;
Projects farms LDPE; HDPE; PP
* Replacement / surfacing of firewater piping network at petrochemical Ekpan Warri Nigeria;
* Tank Replacement & Upgrade Project - Escavros Tank Farm, Chevron Nigeria - Coordinate from HOUSTON office.
Mechanical & Hydraulic Design Engineer
IPROLAM ROMANIA / ITWH - LEBAH - GERMANY / DANIELI - ITALY
* Installation, mounting, commissioning and maintenance of hydraulic systems, commissioning and servicing of hydraulic pumps and hydraulic motors, also industrial valves;
* Selecting pipes, hoses and fittings/flanges;
* Observing the correct pressure stage (wall thickness, material, precision steel of (pipes);
* Observing the installation instructions of the pipe fittings;
* Providing the correct hydraulic fluids;
* Mechanical and hydraulic technical drawings (diagrams, assemblies hydraulic installations, details etc );
* Projects and dimensioning for tanks, exchangers, filters, heaters, frames, pumps, motors etc.
-Director office - DAN BALOI - +40731580686 - firstname.lastname@example.org
*SNC LAVALIN ROMANIA S.A., ROMANIA
- Manager Projects - SIMONA IVANICA - +40733105086 - Simona.Ivanica@snclavalin.com
- Director - PAUL SPANU - +40733060072 - email@example.com
*LUDAN ENGINEERING S.R.L, ROMANIA
- Director - BRABETE MARIANA -+40746238104 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Manager - DMITRI MILITESCU / +40744640258 / email@example.com
*WASHINGTON / URS Romania
- Director General - MARCEL PRUNAICHE / +40-722-247-466 /firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manager Dep. Piping - SIMONA BOGDAN - email@example.com
Qualifications & Certifications