- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Help Desk Analyst
Queensborough Community College CUNY
March 2013 - November 2013
Installed, upgraded and maintained computer hardware, peripherals and software; supported server based information systems.
• Provided technical support to college staff, faculty and students with college applications both on the phone and in person.
• Created tickets and maintained accurate records in IT database; assigned cases to appropriate IT staff as necessary.
Queens College CUNY
March 2013 - April 2013
Compiled presentation materials for conference on credit risk management using Microsoft Office and Bloomberg.
• Collected and analyzed data from companies' financial reports and government agencies' websites.
• Reviewed, revised, edited PowerPoint presentation contents to ensure data consistency and accuracy.
July 2011 - August 2012
Mitigated the risk of misdirected mail by managing returned mail project (NA/Europe); identified the root causes of issues, assigned remediation owners across all Firm levels and ensured accountability; assisted IRD team on various projects as needed.
• Set up client reporting in RDS, mapped client contacts in GCIA and Client Link Admin Tool.
• Assisted in the migration and integration of Morgan Stanley client databases to achieve consistency and efficiency.
• Reviewed/commented on Written Supervisory Procedures and Regulatory Procedures on statements/confirmations suppression.
• Contributed to SAS 70 review and certification by generating Audit and Control reports for Client Data Management team.
• Amended reports on the projected client launches in respect to resource utilization for senior management.
• Streamlined account databases by recognizing and terminating duplicate/invalid accounts and suppressing internal accounts.
• Assembled weekly/monthly metrics, produced daily activity reports, provided weekly project updates to senior management.
• Assisted in company's paperless initiative identifying ETC in client agreements to terminate mailing of hard copy confirmations.
Financial Representative/Relationship Banker
Capital One Financial Advisors
October 2008 - January 2010
Initiated Investments and Insurance Day that generated more than $1 million in annuities, wealth transfers, and insurance sales.
• Assisted advisors with paperwork and applications for investment products/services that are suitable for prospects/clients based on their objectives, resources, time horizon, risk profile and preferences; followed up with clients on the phone and in person.
• Checked investment client documentation for accuracy and forwarded forms to the service department for further processing.
• Managed individual client and business accounts by accessing the information in various internal databases.
• Submitted wire transfer requests to appropriate team, ensured sufficient balances in clients' accounts.
• Followed proper fraud prevention procedures, completed SARs, reviewed ACH transactions, submitted fraud reports.
• Ensured all audit and security procedures are followed in accordance with Bank policies and Federal regulations including but not limited to check cashing guidelines, new account opening procedures, wire agreements, vault operations, ATM operations.
Data Management Clerk - Wireless Service Provider
January 2007 - April 2008
Maintained customer database for a cellphone retailer, performed data input and data maintenance.
• Performed technical troubleshooting for customers (setting up cellphone device, inspecting device for possible repair)
• Maintained proper inventory controls; recorded inventory transactions in Excel files in compliance with the standards.
• Managed databases of customer accounts, validated input data for accuracy and consistency.
• Organized and imported monthly commission data into Excel spreadsheets and filed claims on charge-backs.
Program Manager Assistant
Ronald McDonald House of Long Island
May 2006 - November 2006
Assisted office team with current projects, fundraising events and various clerical assignments.
• Performed copying, faxing, printing, filing, data entry.
• Helped Financial Accountant to process donations from individuals and businesses and performed light accounting.
• Entered donors' information in Donor Perfect database and ensured accuracy and consistency of data input.
Queensborough Community College
January 2006 - June 2006
Tutored college students in Accounting, Math and Business courses individually and in groups.
• Prepared students for exams and reviewed exams results afterwards.
• Taught students problem-solving strategies and helped them stay motivated in studying difficult subjects.
• Applied various learning strategies based on a student's learning type.
English Language Teacher
The Urals College of Transportation (Russia)
Planned and prepared class materials to teach English grammar, writing, reading, speaking, and listening skills.
• Incorporated critical thinking and study skills in all aspects of the language learning and teaching process.
• Met students regularly to discuss academic progress and support students in their choice of progression routes.
• Dealt with the students who are not performing to required standards in line with College procedures.
• Kept accurate and updated course and student records, including registers, reports, assessment/ exam records.
• Monitored students' attendance, timekeeping and performance; ensured completion of registers and review of assessments.
• Financial Statement Analysis: Team Leader of the Project "GE: Evaluation of Company's Financial Position and Performance" (extensive use of financial statements, annual reports and other company-related data in Excel, cash flow projection and forecasting using Balance sheet and Income statement, calculation and analysis of financial ratios, competition and industry analysis)
• Accounting for Risk Management: Covered essentials of the conceptual framework of accounting focusing on issues affecting recognition and measurement of the economic events (affecting the firm's risk profile and risk transfer) that impact financial statements. Gained great exposure to accounting theory and related GAAP, FAS and other regulations by working on case studies.
• Dynamic Financial Analysis: Project "Navigators Group: Risk Analysis of Asset Portfolio" (measuring risk inherent in the company's invested asset portfolio using stochastic modeling tools and Barrie&Hibbert's ESG software, forecasting economic and financial variables and risk factors in Excel, quantifying risk-adjusted valuation impact from a recommended asset strategy.)
Hudson County School of Technology
Prepared high school students for Math part of SAT exam, prepared lesson and practice exam materials.
• Assisted teacher in Saturday Academy classes with Math and Reading for pre-K, first- and second-grade students.
Qualifications & Certifications
Linguistics and Intercultural Communication
Institute of International Relations
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more