- Full time
- Part time
- One time
I have 4 years experience working as a childminder in a home environment.
I have worked in a childcare centre for the last 3 months and found it a very rewarding experience. In my current job I have particularly enjoyed developing the play curriculum and planning and implementing art and craft activities for children 3-5 years old. Furthermore, I loved to work with other age-groups as well.
My social and friendly nature means I have a knack of connecting with children and adults from diverse backgrounds and I value the task of building community involvement, which I see as part of working in childcare. Child safety is always at the forefront of my mind and I am cool-headed in stressful situations.
My extensive background in working with children, good professional attitude, excellent interpersonal, communicative skills and a good team player skills will make a huge contribution to your setting.
I have completed Fetac Level 5 Childcare course, Manual Handling Course, and am garda vetted. Can provide very good references.
April 2013 - June 2013
• Worked in a very busy room with 40 children
• Interact and care effectively for the needs of three -to five year old children, including in health, hygiene and safety
• Assist with children's sports/activities
• Foster relationships with children and parents and building community involvement
• Keep records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered.
• Instruct children in health and personal habits such as eating, resting, and toilet habits.
• Read to children, and teach them simple painting, drawing, handicrafts, and songs.
• Lead and assist at the circle time.
• Support children's emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
June 2012 - February 2013
• Follow children's daily routine (including care and education)
• Organize and supervise children's activities such as painting, role play, story reading.
• Organize children's trips to the playground, park, library, etc
childminder in home environment in ''killiney''
• Help children with the daily care activities: feeding, dressing, nappy changing, etc
• Supervise children's homework and play dates
• Organize arts and crafts activities for children
• Interact effectively with children and their parents
Qualifications & Certifications
Fetac Level 5 childcare
Dun Laoghaire College Of Further Education
Primary Secondary School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more