Claim you profile
Perform cash reconciliations for 15 of the acquired company’s multi-currency bank accounts
Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations, analyzing and auditing various accounts including investments and cash equivalents
Manage month-end close schedule
Balance sheet fluctuation analysis
Support Quarterly SEC filing by producing clear and organized work papers and footnotes
Complete Qualitative and Quantitative review of interest rate and foreign currency risk exposure for SEC filing
Complete Commitments and Contingencies schedule and review for SEC filing
Complete Marketable Securities & Fair Value Footnotes for SEC Filing
Assist VP of Finance in annual corporate property and casualty insurance renewal
Assisted in account reconciliations, performing billing functions and entering time, expenses and journal entry transactions associated with recent acquisition
May 1999 - January 2002
Reporting to CFO
Prepared monthly consolidated financial statements and supporting work papers, responsible for accounting, accounts payable (A/P), accounts receivable (A/R), maintaining general ledger, fixed assets, cash flow, and deposits for management company
Created new venture companies from start-up operations to transition of accounting / finance functions to full time resources, responsible for accounts payable (A/P), accounts receivable (A/R), maintaining general ledger, fixed assets, cash flow, and deposits for related venture creation companies
Coordinated and filed annual 1099 and 1096 reports
Assisted CFO with annual review / audit of management company and venture creation companies-prepared annual audit schedules and variance analyses
Supported tax manager with required tax filings and work paper preparation
Month-end close, consolidated financial reporting and detailed account analysis experience
HSBC Commercial banking
From June 1999
Business Migration Manager: Implementing a strategic migration programme of transferring global Exchange Traded Derivatives (ETD) Futures & Options Business & Operations from a European legal entity to London balance sheet. Managing the various projects / work streams within the programme including Clearing, Margins & Cash management processes & reporting to Global Head of Control and Global Head of change & Operations.
• Multiple responsibilities include Project Management of change, running all of the PMO activities, producing MS Project Plans, Business Case, user requirements specifications, test methodology, progress / flash reports for Senior Management; facilitate & chair meetings with IT and Business.
• Engaging with stakeholders in the change process and ensure all business areas contribute to and sign off on proposals, ensure that IT deliver what they have been requested to deliver, on time, on budget and to a standard that will achieve the stated benefits; managing third party suppliers.
• Presenting to Steering Committee strategy and progress.
The Royal Bank of Scotland
August 1995 - December 1998
Set up PMO and Project governance
- Initiating & leading a high profile Operations Transformation programe to ‘de-risk’ the RBS operations within one of the European countries
- Lead a team of 9 consisting of 3 BA and 6 SMEs
- Rapidly implemented BCP involving IT and Operations within London & India
- Defined a TOM to migrate local ABNA & PLC Operational functionality to off-shore centers of excellence and low cost;
- Implemented Programme Governance & reported to steering committee
- Project planning; Business Case & Budget and agree & obtaining approval for project and operational resources & setting up team structure & project governance.
- Due to volatile market conditions and country specific default risks, project investment is being reviewed.
Senior Project compliance
JP Morgan Chase Bank
February 1984 - June 1999
Project Consent Order Art XI, Risk Management / BSA/AML Compliance / Intraday Liquidity Basel III
Responsible for implementing end-to-end approval process (in SharePoint /workflows) to handle OCC Article XI of Consent Order (Risk Assessment) of all new or extension of business, assessing for AML & Sanctions controls. Also set up Governance, PMO, Team structure, chaired meetings and provided project progress to the Steering Committee. Working closely with key stakeholders from Product, Operations, Compliance and Treasury. Reporting to Steering Committees. Also managing a second regulatory project, to report on the BCBS Intraday Liquidity (Basal III) for global business:
• Produced the Project approach, Project Charter, Budgets, Resource Planning and end-to-end Project plan, end-to-end approval flows for EMEA Transaction Services.
• Created Programme PMO; presented status reports to Steering Committee, set up Dashboards, Risks and Issues logs and MIS.
• Managed relationship with key stakeholders from Front Office Business to senior leadership team and the third party suppliers.
• Mobilised staff of 60+ including devising a training programme with Compliance on Risk Assessment.
• Implemented Controls and Procedures to mitigate risk and enable QA,
• Managed a team to design, develop and implemented a web based Workflow Tool to track progress and status of each client file and work assignments including automated MIS and Regulatory reporting.
Senior Sales Representative
February 1978 - May 1983
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more