I have more than 30 years of marketing and organizational communication leadership experience as champion of new initiatives, director/VP of departments, and as a marketing consultant.
MBA – Marketing Emphasis – The University of Southern Mississippi
I am seeking a position that will leverage my skills and experience and be a fit for my innovative, results-oriented leadership style in a mission-oriented company or not-for-profit organization.
• I worked in HEALTH CARE for 20 years so possess great industry knowledge and compassion for the patient perspective.
• I have HIGHER EDUCATION and ENERGY industry experience with proven results to serve various constituencies, improve organizational processes and reach business goals.
• MARKETING and COMMUNICATIONS is my specialized area of expertise. This means I am great at strategy development, branding, content development, online execution, project/event management and marketing products and services.
My dream job is this one – the one I am working on now.
If you want a leader who loves to work, is a quick learner, is excited and positive about working with teams, and a person who thrives on getting results that drive business success, please contact me.
MBA – Marketing Emphasis – The University of Southern Mississippi
I have over 30 years of marketing, sales management and organizational leadership experience as champion of new initiatives and team member that get successful results.
Maris West & Baker
August 2012 - March 2013
As the strategic leader of all social media marketing management I led training, client coaching, content management, reporting, marketing planning, budgeting, proposal preparation, vendor coordination and customer service support. I presented at the 2012 Digital Media Conference in Jackson, to the Mississippi Technology Alliance Annual Conference on Technology Innovation and to the Annual Meeting of Franchises for Newk’s Eatery. Accomplishments include:
• Train corporate executives, management and staff levels on the value of social media; trained the 51 franchises of Newk’s Eatery in the set up, content management, metrics review and best practices for managing Facebook, Twitter and other social media applications. This also includes ongoing support and monthly coaching sessions with staff level employees.
November 2008 - August 2012
For the second largest nuclear power fleet in the United Stated, I drove external public positioning through media relations with the nuclear and energy sector trade press pitching stories to national and international outlets on plant innovations and accomplishments with coordination of technical engineering experts. I was the marketing communications lead and strategist for the Business Development division selling services B2B. I was the principle company contact for national relationships with the National Museum for Nuclear Science and History, Women Impacting Public Policy and the National Science Teachers Association. I led Entergy’s national communications initiative, “Nuclear Clean Air Energy” working with IndyCar Series Racing, international/national media, and performed event coordination for partners.
• As manager of the Nuclear Clean Air Energy national initiative, Entergy Nuclear social media, Internet, print and television media exposures numbered in the hundreds of millions in 2011.
• Initiated National Nuclear Science Week in 2009 with the National Museum of Nuclear Science and History; created the branding and content; managed national educational events; and led planning for the national committee. More than 20,000 students, teachers, professionals and general public were reached.
Director, Marketing and Public Relations
The University of Southern Mississippi
October 2005 - October 2008
In this multi-campus state university I was the leader of public relations and media management, marketing planning, corporate branding, web content management, creative services as an in-house agency and in charge of on-site print operations. I produced strategic internal and external communications for 1) academic colleges, institutes and research centers, 2) student affairs and student recruitment marketing and had the 3) responsibility to coordinate closely with athletics, fund raising and alumni relations under the university branding umbrella. I managed a staff of 20.
• Increased media coverage overall by 13.3% and national media coverage by 30%.
• Strategically initiated and creatively implemented the marketing campaign for student recruitment; increased first-time freshman applications +78% and admissions +106%.
• Created a new business model for campus printing and copying services; saved $327,000 in year one; instituted online ordering; and added services while increasing customer satisfaction.
• Post-Katrina: press conferences, Katrina Relief Fund committee, monthly stories and coordinated the memorial ceremony one year after; coordinated congressional rally on campus relative to Katrina federal funding.
Vice President, Communications and Marketing
Medical Group Management Association
August 2000 - October 2005
I led the complex integration of communications and marketing for the a premiere national association: brand management, marketing strategy, publications, media relations, web and content management, sales communications and creative services for the association. I worked with the Board of Directors on initiatives, provided strategic leadership for organizational growth, and worked directly with the CEO on visibility, positioning and marketing strategic planning.
I managed a staff of 17 individuals and marketing revenues accounting for $24 million annually.
• I was the leader of growth and target marketing strategies that focused on revenue growth, target market testing and research, new business planning processes and new membership strategies. Revenues grew from $19M to $24M.
• Managed the re-branding of the organization including logo development and the creation of a branding system; implementing branding across publications, product materials and web; deemed a collaborative success due to inclusive process.
• Initiated a national recognition week – National Medical Group Practice Week – now installed as the formal recognition of the industry; included national news coverage, web sub-site and member and public education activities.
• An award-winning web site, I led a team to develop the “next generation” of the site via research and strategy development including commerce, content management and technical conversion implementation.
• Managed a national magazine with 22,000 monthly circulation for members and nonmember constituents. Award winning, MGMA ConnexionTM magazine is the premier publication of the medical group practice industry.
• Leader of membership restructuring including managing extensive market research, market testing and the development of the financial models for a very successful implementation of new financial structure.
Qualifications & Certifications
Masters, Business Administration - Emphasis in Marketing
University of Southern Mississippi