Claim you profile
I have always believed in thinking differently. I have a passion for Social Media and open collaboration and how it can be used to help businesses grow. With over twelve years experience in a multitude of areas including marketing, pr, project management I decided to take these key talents and use them to start Social Climbers Ltd a company that specialises in offering SME's and sole traders social media management and training and a virtual back office
We specialise in working with SME's building their online presences and allowing them to target their key markets and facilitate open communication with their existing client base. We also offer several virtual back office functions from a virtual PA to virtual project management and database development.
I have strong knowledge of office practices and procedures including motivational techniques, designing and following PDP’s and monitoring performance. In addition I also have strong analytical skills and have experience of working with several reporting mechanisms . I have extensive knowledge of developing and delivering training and experience in project reporting, incorporating time management, budget control, program status etc. I have worked in several key sectors including Utilities, Oil and Gas, Government bodies and outsourcing
Social Climbers Ltd has also just entered into partnership with Motivating Mum a company that helps mums in business network, train, brainstorm and build their business with a strong support network. We have just opened the first Scottish Branch in Glasgow.
Social Media Marketing
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Glasgow franchise owner
August 2011 - August 2011
Motivating mum is a network offering support and advice to mums in business or wanting to be in business. The site includes information on freebies, funding, media opportunities and awards, a forum for networking or getting answers to questions, a database of successful businessmums offering mentoring sessions with those less established and diary and event management services. We also run networking and brainstorm events throughout the UK and Australia for mumpreneurs. I own and run the most recent franchise in Glasgow, the first one in Scotland
Social Climbers Ltd
July 2011 - July 2011
Social Media Marketing
Social Media Strategy
Building online presence
Virtual back office systems
May 2011 - July 2011
December 2010 - May 2011
Analysing key financial and customer data and relaying back to the management team
January 2008 - November 2010
Working with customers to promote services
* Analysing key market areas.
* Developing marketing budget proposals
* Overseeing Admin Team
* Working with CRM Software
* Dealing with key clients to identify and improve business practises.
* Ensuring quality Customer Service
* Diary Management
* Organising Events and Meetings
* Marketing and PR
* Arranging Travel
* Dealing with high level correspondence and documentation
Project Management Office
March 2007 - August 2008
Redundancy) * Process data from various sources to maintain Projects Databases
* Maintaining Task Order System to a high degree of integrity
* Assign WBS coding to project sections
* Project Management
* Budget Management
* Assigning project codes
* Project control including assigning budget codes, budget management, budget reporting,
Project completion (full project lifecycle)
* Produce, review & issue regular high level management reports.
* Manage and control project budgets including allocations, extensions etc
Data Protection Analyst
Scottish Power Plc
June 2004 - March 2007
* Providing training and awareness presentations to staff
* Creating and maintaining extensive DP Customer Database.
* Diary and Event Management
* Dealing with requests from third parties and customers
* Producing monthly reports for Senior Management meetings.
* Lead monthly meeting with representatives from different business units
* Organising weekly team meetings
* Develop online DP training resource.
* Overseeing Staff
April 1996 - February 2004
Marketing, pr, training, office management, executive assistant to CEO
L & D Analyst
January 1996 - April 2001
Developed and delivered training
Training and IT
Qualifications & Certifications
Glasgow Caledonian University
Ongoing BA; Hons
The Open University
Central College of Commerce
Reid Kerr College
St Mungo's Academy
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more