Social Work Specialist
"Life is a Masterpiece which we create daily"
My passion is to empower and skill people to live full and purposeful lives personally and professionally.
Family Therapist, Group Coordinator
Coolmine Therapeutic Community
July 2012 - October 2012
Final Field Placement: Masters of Social Work
Intensive group and individual therapy to mothers with alcohol/drug misuse issues in long term residentoal care within Coolmine Therapeutic Recovery Program.
- Facilitation and Delivery of the Parenting under Pressure program
- Measurement and Evaluation of program for Griffith University, Brisbane
- Face to face individual counselling with the female residents
- Working as part of multi-disciplinary team
- Policy and Planning sessions with Social Inclusion AOD sector
- Collaborative practice across Dublin the Alcohol and Drug sector (Government Policy, Social Inclusion, NGO's, private services) Dublin, Ireland.
- Mentoring & Supervision with Management/Clients
- Set up and training for Coolmine staff to do Family Therapy Training (PuP)women and children
January 2010 - July 2013
Kids In Focus Program.
From a strengths - values base, therapeutic and empowerment approach with families where there is substance/alcohol misuse. Major roles are:
• Piloting this project in the Canberra region
Engaging and Building rapport & trust with complex client group
• Alcohol and drug prevention/harm minimisation / addiction issues and interventions
• Collaborative practice: Key Government Departments/ CPS/Stakeholders, Welfare and Community sector / Legal Aid /Family and Children's Court /GPs/
• Family Therapist (Parents Under Pressure)
• FaHCSIA reporting
• Vocational educational/training assistance
• Multi-disciplinary teamwork
January 2008 - January 2010
Counselling Case-management and Coordination of Family Support Services
- Family Drug Support - A national support for families dealing with the distress of addiction.
- Partnership with Directions ACT running their Compass Family Support Group program
- Headspace (Australia's National Youth & Mental Health Foundation), representing Adfact as an alcohol and drug counsellor for youth with comorbidity issues.
COORDINATOR - Personal Support Program (PSP)
January 2004 - January 2008
Senior Caseworker / Coordinator of the Personal Support Program using a strengths based - empowerment approach. This role was targeted at clients who had long term unemployment due to their alcohol/drug misuse & comorbidity issues:
i) staff coordination of their very large client base,
ii) accountability to DEEWR reporting
iii) staff supervision and leadership, ii) clientele who had alcohol and/or drug addiction/co-morbidity issues.
- Management of the PSP/DEEWR program
- Supervision of large 180 caseload
- Coordinate quality service delivery
- Develop excellent partnerships with key stakeholders through the Local Area Network
- Successful best outcomes for clients
- Successful partnership with DEEWR
- Staff supervision
- Collaborative practice across ACT sector for best outcomes for clients, key stakeholders and organisation.
- Ongoing professional development
Community Development Project
Kairos Outside For Women
January 1999 - January 2013
Kairos Outside for Women (KOW) is a NfP international Community development project offering support and encouragement for women in our community, who have or have had family or partners in prison. Under my direction, the first KOW Community Development program in ACT 1999 has outstanding success and provides support to hundreds of women in the Canberra Monaro Region. My roles in this project have been multi-faceted:
- Inspirational Leadership
- Media and Publicity
- Community Fundraising
- Public Speaking
- Collaboration with USA sector, ACT Government, community/welfare sector, Goulburn corrective services
- Chairperson of KOW 1999-2003
- Member of Executive Council 1999-2003
- Collaborative partnerships with other State Leaders
- Small Group development
- Advanced National Leadership Trainer 2001-2010
- Program Support Development Group Leader
- Curriculum Advisory Board
- Regional Committee Member -Current
- Mentor for Leaders 2010-2013 - Current
Small Group Coordinator
Brindabella Baptist Church
January 1999 - January 2004
Small Group Coordinator within a large community church of 300+ members for 5 years. Expansion and implementation of a variety of differing groups to meet the needs of a diverse church population.
- Inspirational Leadership
- Leadership training
- Mentoring Leaders
- Multi-disciplinary team
- Development and scoping of entire project
- Goal Setting
- Facilitator / Trainer
Leadership Training for Kairos Outside for Women (KOW)
Development of the National Training for Kairos Outside for Women (KOW) now Essentials for Kairos Outside Training (EKOWT)
Kairos Outside For Women (KOW) Program
Initiated the first KOW program for Canberra ACT. A Community development outreach project targeting women who have or have had family members/significant others in a Prison. It provides friendship, support and outreach to women in the community who are often isolated and the silent victims of imprisonment.
KOW continues to thrive and is in all Australian capital cities and ,many country regional areas.
Qualifications & Certifications
Master of Social Work
Australian Catholic University
Bachelor of Theology & Diploma of Pastoral Care
Australian College of Ministries
Certificate IV Alchol and Other Drugs
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more