Claim you profile
I am Spanish. I have been living in London for over 14 years. I have a good command of both Spanish and English and I can speak and read French.
In my last job I managed a membership management team delivering multiple services and excellent customer care.
Previously I have worked in various areas including import, export, engineering and consulting firms.
I am a "make-it-happen", adaptable and versatile person. I have good sales, negotiating and team leading skills. I am numerate and a good communicator.
Sections Systems Projects Manager
The Law Society of England & Wales
July 1999 - May 2013
* Producing and maintaining a high standard of client care. Training and managing a client-focused team.
* Overseeing the operations, including information and services delivery, events and publications, specific to each specialist Section.
* Optimising & standardising systems, including membership management and online services to enable maximum output from available assets; deploying staff across Sections according to needs.
* Evaluating opportunities for future projects and collaborations.
* Analysis, design, implementation and monitoring of Sections' projects
* Reports to executive committees and internal directors
* Financial performance monitoring and budget forecasts and distribution
* Representing the firm/department at internal and external meetings.
* Negotiating collaboration, contracts and charges with internal and external parties.
* Hiring & firing staff according to official procedures.
* Staff training requirements, needs (health & safety, official and compassionate leave) and overtime.
* Contracting and purchasing with and without referral to line managers depending on magnitude.
* Preparing and carrying out contract tender processes.
* Preparing and managing central budget funded requisitions of services/materials.
* Choice of systems, services and providers to suit department's needs.
* Budget distribution and forecasts.
Reason for leaving: Redundancy
Spanish Procurement Assistant
Previous employment in UK and Spain
July 1988 - August 1991
(from 1982 to 1985)
* Visiting Spain searching for exportable produce
* Dealing with growers and co-ops
* Informing growers of UK markets requirements and trends, condition of produce on arrival
* Working out ways to solve problems
* Improving packaging and presentations and reducing transport costs as well as obtaining the best returns
* Informing market of availability of produce, length of production, expected arrivals
* Attending to needs of exporters and acting as public relations and interpreter during their visits to the UK
Reason for leaving: Moving to Spain
Assistant Export Manager
* Preparing offers and negotiating prices
* Helping with programming production
* Receiving clients and attending to their requirements
* Helping organise and attending trade fairs internationally
* Checking payment documents (LCs)
* Preparing documentation for export and arranging transport
* Following up product orders
* Drafting reports
Reason for leaving: Moving to center of Madrid
* Overseeing support services for 50 staff.
- systems within the project guidelines
- reception, processing and distribution of information
- project administrations, management of travel and meetings
* Advising the American personnel about living accommodation, bank accounts, visas, etc.
* Client liaison
Reason for leaving: Completion of project
PA to President
* Full support duties for the President
* Diary management and travel arrangements
* Managing all correspondence
* Screening all telephone calls
* Receiving clients and attending meetings also acting as interpreter and taking minutes
* Helping with monthly and yearly reports
* Organising programmed visits of Spanish clients to US centres
* Creating databases to produce up dated client directory and to run distribution of general information
Reason for leaving: Moving to North of Spain
* Organising office from zero. Refurbishment of premises, acquisition of furniture, machines,...
Qualifications & Certifications
Houston Community College, Texas
Institute of Linguists
Escuela Oficial de Idiomas
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more