Large Scale Organizational Systems (Quality Control With Strike Energy Services))
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
When working in the energy industry work is high volume fast pace, and there is zero room for error. I began working for strike by helping with an audit on NDE filing systems, the mangers were impressed with my efforts and allowed me to shadow the quality control team. I was attentive and dedicated to perfection and within the month was sent to a sister shop as the floor inspector. I had experience organizing thousands of necessary X-RAY and magnetic testing of the welds, as well as prioritizing building activities, and inspecting all welds and dimensions before verifying okay to leave the shop. It taught me to maintain perfection in high pace and high pressure situations, and the power of working with the guys around you to accomplish collective goals.
Strike Energy Services
May 2013 - September 2013
• Assisted with preparation for an audit on NDE filing systems
• Responsible for confirming dimensions, pipe type, pipe size, orientation and visually inspecting welds before the pipe was sent to the field
• During August had the responsibility of overseeing quality control on the floor of the welding shop
• Duties included working with cranes, heavy machinery and materials, meticulous measurements and attention to detail, and large scale organization of all required NDE testing through intricate excel spreadsheets.
• Responsible for identifying any deficiencies in the finished products( up to 40 drawings completed per day)
Western Management Consultants
From August 2012
Special Project -Leadership. Responsible for planning and developing a PowerPoint presentation contrasting leadership styles in professional sports. The presentation looked at communication and management, public relations, systems and structure, and relationships.
June 2012 - July 2012
projects including deck and household maintenance while awaiting the start of the school year.
Panorama Building systems
January 2011 - May 2012
Site Safety Representative
May 2011 - May 2012
Responsible for a daily Hazard assessment of the worksite, and a weekly tailgate safety meeting including all Panorama site crew.
Apprentice Framer and Drywaller
November 2011 - May 2012
Responsible for exterior framing and drywall, elevator front construction, shaft construction, interior framing and drywall, fire caulking, and insulation.
January 2011 - November 2011
General laborer in high rise construction, including drywall scrap cleanup, hauling mud boxes, steel studs and drywall full time.
Private Skating Instructor
Responsible for planning and teaching private skating lessons to individuals of ages 3 and up.
Responsible for planning and coaching the children's hockey program, and teaching and training new volunteers and coaches.
• Summer day camp leader (2009, 2010, 2012). Mentoring and supervising Volunteers and Leaders in Training in different leadership styles and adapting programs for different ages and abilities. Leading 8-hour day camp programs with sports, games, crafts, activities and swimming in a co-leadership environment with large groups as well as alone.
Westside Recreation Center
November 2007 - August 2012
Ice and Gym Monitor
Promoting safety and supervising open gym times for both badminton and basketball, Supervising and training volunteers, Regulating equipment rentals for the gyms
Qualifications & Certifications
St. Marys High School
University of Lethbridge
Ecole Madeleine D'Houet