Claim you profile
Dive Centre Manager & PADI Master Instructor
My role includes (in addition to other roles):
* Managing an exclusive retail space turning over >£30k per month to high-end
* Ordering stock, managing retail space and maintaining supplier relationships with leading dive manufacturers such as Scubapro and Suunto.
* Arranging and leading dive trips worldwide.
* Managing online shop.
* Managing school equipment, courses, scheduling.
* Managing 10-20 staff of DM, Instructors and servicing technicians.
* Teaching courses from DSD through to Divemaster.
* Centre promotion and sales.
Scapa Scuba, Scapa Flow
I took a contract to work for Scapa Scuba, Scapa Flow, Orkney
(Scotland). My role was included:
* Teaching courses from DSD through to Divemaster.
* Guiding divers on the WW1 German Fleet in Scapa Flow.
1 of 3
* Managing Divemaster Trainees and conducting their training.
* Implementing and updating the Scapa Scuba Facebook page.
* Supervising the logistics and maintenaince of diving equipment.
Similan Paradive/Khao Lak Explorer, Khao Lak, Thailand.
In the autumn of 2011 I moved to Khao Lak to take up a role as Master Instructor on
Similan Paradive's liveaboard boat, Nangmancha, touring the Similan Islands, Koh
Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock. My role required that I spent, on average, 6
days a week offshore managing the boat. However, sometimes spending time on land coaching students or assisting with changes to the company website. Working
closely with the management team/company owners my duties included responsibility for all diving related activities aboard the liveaboard vessel including, but not limited
• Management of all dive staff, ensuring they adhered to PADI standards and, where
required, offering coaching and remediation.
• Managing dive groups (usually approximately 20-30 divers with maximum 4 divers
per group) to ensure divers are in appropriate groups per ability and language -
rearranging where required.
• Management of dive deck, liasing with captain and crew to ensure smooth and safe
entry and exit to water of all divers.
• Briefing all customers on facilities, safety and schedule.
• Managing the boat's facilities and liasing with staff to ensure all guests had clean
cabins and that adequate supplies were on the boat for compressor, foodstuffs and dive equipment etc.
• Responsibility for all teaching activities on the boat.
• Managing any customer comments or complaints regarding the diving.
• Using judgement to recommend which dive sites where utilised on a daily basis.
• Ensuring customers had settled any outstanding bills for diving extras or bar bills prior to departure and re-ordering materials and stock.
• Daily conference call with mainland to report on day's activities and discuss the following day's customers requirements.
Returning to the UK at the end of the 2008 European season due to family
commitments, I resumed teaching here in the UK. Working alongside Chris Wake,
PADI Course Director, my duties remained as above. However, in addition:
• I became instrumental in helping the school to grow to one of the top 5 in the UK of over 450 dive centres through continuing education and equipment sales.
• Managing the busy retail shop, my responsibilities included; counselling customers on equipment purchases, maintaining computer systems for customer orders and
courses, ordering and pricing of stock, liasing with suppliers and PADI as required,
maintaining the online shop, banking and reconciling takings.
• Assisting on all IDCs, coaching candidates and supporting the school in achieving a
100% success rate at the corresponding Instructor Examinations.
• As one of the school's senior instructors, I was responsible for the mentoring and coaching of our Divemaster team and new OWSIs, including producing our own DM
course induction packs.
• Managing school activities and ensuring all classroom, pool and open water activities
were successfully completed in accordance with PADI standards and procedures.
2 of 3
Dive Point, Paphos, Cyprus.
Working full time as an Instructor for Dive Point in Cyprus, my duties included
• leading dives; shore diving, boat diving and specialist guiding e.g. The
• teaching a full range of courses in confined and open water from DSD through to Divemaster and specialities qualified for,
• coaching divers with special needs and/learning difficulties,
• logistics and dive planning on a daily and weekly basis,
• preparing rental equipment for divers,
• boat cover, including assisting divers prior to entry into the water,
• dive briefings,
• filling cylinders, counselling clients on equipment purchases.
Having fell in love with scuba diving in 1999 when I took my first breaths underwater in Mediterranean Sea, I've grown with Christal Seas Scuba since 2004. I achieved my
Instructor status in 2006, having completed my IDC at Fathom & Blues in Weymouth,
UK. I was instrumental in setting up Scuba4Me Ltd, our on-line diving equipment
shop and worked alongside Chris Wake, PADI Course Director, in growing Christal
Seas Scuba Ltd.
Claims Executive/Assistant Vice President Risk Management Services
Working for the world's largest firm of Lloyd's of London Brokers and Risk Managers in the sales, servicing and claims of the insurance programmes of large multinational
Qualifications & Certifications
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more