I am an executive support professional with strong administrative skills in areas such as calendar management, project leadership, information management, and client relations. I essentially began my career with Ford as an administrative assistant to C-level executives where I coordinated meetings and international travel, prepared correspondence, and managed a wide variety of reporting data. I later became a confidential assistant and superintendent with Redford Township. In that role, I performed a wide variety of responsibilities which included successfully developing, organizing, and implementing special events for the Township such as Cinco de Mayo festivals, Olde-Fashioned Christmas events and parades, Oktoberfests, July 4th celebrations and fireworks, Martin Luther King community prayer breakfasts; supervising the maintenance department; and creating and arranging for distribution of an annual full-color, 12-month calendar to 25,000 households. That position also involved resolving a lot of citizen complaints and dealing with a wide variety of vendors to address issues and complete projects. After several years in that position, I accepted a job as a court reporter and transcription specialist providing support to the Chief Judge of a district court. More recently, I joined Wayne State University where I provided administrative support to senior managers such as report writing, editing, and data management. In this and other positions, I have had purchasing and vendor relations responsibilities. I have a demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask effectively in fast-paced environments. I am highly skilled and proficient in Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and FTR Gold transcribing software. I provide efficient, dependable, professional service with a demonstrated ability to work independently.
WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY
Provide administrative support to Vice President and Office of General Counsel and providing backup support for office manager, phone support, and file management.
• Prepared legal documents and related correspondence
• Performed complex typing and research duties
• Provided support with electronic payment of legal invoices
• Handled travel requests, prepared expense reports, and maintained multiple calendars
• Developed proficiency in purchasing software and Worldox (electronic filing management system)
Served as Executive Secretary to the President of the University exercising discretion and utilizing organizational skills in a variety of responsibilities including managing complex calendars and meeting schedules (both offsite and in-house), maintaining daily mail log and distribution of mail, travel arrangements, expense reports, scheduling conference calls, daily interaction with Cabinet members and/or Board of Governors.
• Coordinated travel arrangements and prepared expense reports
• Managed multiple calendars for the President involving university business as well as numerous boards on which he served
• Implemented new calendar management program
• Implemented new mail log system
• Handled large volume of phone calls, exercising discretion in resolving numerous issues
Judicial Secretary/Court Reporter
24th DISTRICT COURT
Provided administrative support and served as court reporter to Chief Judge, as well as provided support to another judge.
• Covered felony, traffic/criminal, and civil dockets
• Maintained court files and recordings; prepared transcripts of court proceedings as needed
• Prepared complex 12-month calendar for judge's docket
• Coordinated travel arrangements, Court to School program, and Law Day events
Cell: 313-804-2006 Marcia Kish -
Superintendent of Buildings, Maintenance, Grounds, and Special Events
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF REDFORD
Served as Confidential Assistant to Township Supervisor providing administrative support as well as managing maintenance department, special events for the Township, and handling a large volume of phone calls from citizens.
• Successfully developed, organized, and implemented special events for the Township such as Cinco de Mayo festivals, Olde-Fashioned Christmas events/parades, Oktoberfests, July 4th celebrations/fireworks, Martin Luther King community prayer breakfasts (including logistics; procured tents, tables, electrical power, food/beverage vendors; interaction with Liquor Control Commission to secure permits; prepared and published press releases, flyers, and posters; interfaced with local media)
• Prepared correspondence, maintained schedule/calendars, and attend events on behalf of Supervisor.
• Supervised maintenance department and monitored buildings including HVAC, housekeeping, interfacing with vendors, and obtaining contracts
• Created and arranged for distribution of annual full-color, 12-month calendar to 25,000 households
FORD MOTOR COMPANY
Provided administrative support C-Level executives including travel arrangements, expense reports, calendar management, preparation of correspondence, transcription, document retention, and supporting other offices.
• Coordinated extensive national/international travel arrangements
• Assisted in Worldwide Management Meetings
• Prepared correspondence, financial documents, and confidential personnel-related documents
• Interfaced with personnel at all levels, including Chairman's office
Qualifications & Certifications
Taylor Center High School
College of Creative Studies
Henry Ford Community College