Claim you profile
I am a licensed acupuncturist and herbalist with the state of New York, nationally certified with the NCCAOM.
My private Manhattan-based practice treats the full spectrum of internal and musculoskeletal disorders, in keeping with the Chinese tradition in which doctors did not specialize but treated every patient in need of their services.
I partner my acupuncture services with craniosacral therapy, reiki (when necessary), nutritional counseling, and movement analysis to provide my patients with the comprehensive care necessary to restore and maintain optimal health.
New York State Licensed Acupuncturist
From October 2012
• National Board Certification in Traditional Oriental Medicine
• Private Practice based in integrative medicine, movement therapy, bodywork, nutrition, and patient education, currently administering an average of 50 treatments per month (New York, NY)
• Creator, "Sunday Brunch Series" lectures on management of biomechanical dysfunction with acupuncture, movement re-education, nutrition
• Specialization in treatment of musculoskeletal disorders/pain management, metabolic disorders, fertility
Lift-Life Destination Retreats
From June 2012
(Finca Luna Nueva, Costa Rica)
• Design and implementation of anatomy workshops for groups large and small groups
• Conceptualization of retreat format and philosophy
Craniosacral Bodywork Therapy
From April 2012
• Privately taught through various practitioners in Craniosacral Therapy
• Incorporation of modality into musculoskeletal acupuncture treatments, Pilates sessions treatments
• Performance of private individual in-office, home-based treatments
Director of Education
Erika Bloom Pilates Plus
From February 2010
• Chief administrator of curriculum design and implementation
• Creation and leading of workshops on advanced concepts in advanced treatment of musculoskeletal disorders and pregnancy
• Design and implementation of summplemental curriculum modules from introductory to advanced coursework
• Development of standards of excellence for instructor test out and writes final examinations
• Mastery of teaching varying comprehension levels/learning styles
• Writing certification manual for Erika Bloom Pilates Plus (Winter 2013)
From September 2006
• Certified through Gyrotonic Association
• Integration of Pilates, Gyrotonic, yoga principles into movement sessions
• Application of manual techniques to enhance proprioceptive ability and refine movement quality for clients
Thai Yoga Bodywork Practitioner
From March 2004
Usage of manual techniques to relieve impediments to movement, relieve musculoskeltal restriction, reduce stress, assuage pain syndromes
• Specialization in pelvic balancing, back pain, migraine, dysmennorhea relief
Teacher Trainer/Pilates Instructor
April 2003 - September 2008
• Certification in Pilates Instruction (2001)
• Excelled in application of Kane School method of movement instruction and Teacher Training
• Streamlining of pedagogy in explanation of biomechanical concepts
• Development of advanced workshops for instructors
From August 1997
• Company Pilates instructor for STOMP touring company
• Group classes and individual instruction for injury prevention/treatment
Acupuncturist, Phoenix Rising Drug Treatment Center, New York City
Designed and administered acupuncture treatment and NADA protocol in addiction and recovery treatment clinic with court-appointed and mandated patient load of 50 per week.
Treatment protocols included but not limited to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Five Element, and Master Tung platforms.
Qualifications & Certifications
Comparitive Religious Philosophy
Pacific College of Oriental Medicine
The Open Center
Kane School of Core Integration
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more