Experience in tourism administration. Proven track of service-oriented management and customer liaison. Team leadership in a customer services environment. Business start up experience in the tourism industry. Hotel management and administration. Organizational skills with conferences and other events’ development background.
From April 2008
Studied English and French.
Business Center Manager
March 2007 - March 2008
Barceló Hotels, Oaxaca, Mexico
● Developed monitoring system for customer care services.
● Implemented membership database to increase retention and to allow personalized service and complaints' follow up. Follow up requests and outstanding petitions.
● Assisted in establishing a Marketing strategy to meet new membership targets and to create synergies between hotel amenities and the club services in the overall hotel marketing plan.
● Provided business travels services' needs.
● Planned logistics for business events and conferences.
● Managed support staff and accounting.
● Guest services: benefits' information, personal trip itineraries.
September 2005 - February 2007
● Profit oriented management.
● Monitored cost control/purchases.
● Developed marketing strategy.
● Oversaw staff recruitment.
● Planned training and supervised staff performance.
● Coordinated conferences and special events.
● Supervised maintenance, renovations and furnishings.
● Liaise with contractors and suppliers.
● Complied with local and industry standard regulations (food safety, occupational, building regulations).
Park Ranger, internship
National Park El Nevado del Cocuy
January 2005 - August 2005
● Designed agrotourism initiative about alternative livelihoods with rural communities in buffer zones.
● Developed a plan for alternative interaction between visitors, ecosystems and local communities
● Implemented capacity building for stakeholders on sustainable income generation activities.
● Organised local communities' workshops.
Calitour Travel agency
January 2004 - March 2004
● Scheduled hotel and flight reservations with Amadeus software.
● Supported sales staff and administration team.
Barceló Hotels & Resorts
Qualifications & Certifications
Tourism and Hotel Administration
University Pedagogical and Technological of Colombia
UNIVERSIDAD PEDAGOGICA Y TECNOLOGICA DE COLOMBIA
colegio cooperativo reyes patria
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more