Soy de Colombia. Mi primera lengua es el Español. Hablo, leo, escribo en Español perfectamente y soy especialista en Educación Bilingüe.
Academic Follow-up Coordinator
Gimnasio Santa Ana (Bogotá)
Responsible for the follow-up of the students academic performance in primary, middle and high
school. Responsible for clerking the interdisciplinary committee that designs the strategies to follow in order to help a student achieve their greatest academic potential. To do this job it is
necessary to meet with the students for the purpose of finding the specific area of need and the specific reasons for their low marks; meeting with the teachers to guide them towards providing a
particular student with the necessary tools to improve their performance; meeting with parents to give guidance as to how to support their child at home in regards to their academic abilities and
Responsible for the interpretation English-Spanish, Spanish- English of the presentations by the speakers and the following discussion sessions on the topic of Internalized Racism during the
Primary School Coordinator
Fundación Ideales Gimnasio Santa Ana
Responsible for designing strategies that result on academic improvement in the section. I
established a primary school project to develop a class on thinking skills and good academic
practices for students from 1 to 5 grade. Also I conducted regular meetings with the teachers of all subjects given to these grades to evaluate the performance of each student and monitor the
teachers' practices within the classroom. I was responsible for maintaining an open and clear
communication with the parents regarding the developments of their children. Finally I was
responsible for monitoring students with special needs and their teachers, by holding regular
meetings with their therapists and other specialists, the parents and the teachers.
English Department Coordinator
Gimnasio Santa Ana - (Bogotá)
Up to August 2013
Responsible for designing strategies that result on academic improvement in the learning of th
English as a Second Language to students from Pre-Kinder through 11 grade. I was
responsible for motivating the literacy program throughout school, and for developing the model of bilingual education at school. Among other activities implied in the job,:
• I teach literacy in Middle and High School.
• I prepare students for standardized tests both as part of our National Requirements and as a way to monitor students progress in their English Proficiency. The scores of 2012
show an improvement of 10 points in the overall score of school.
• I co-led a school project called "English Comes Alive" designed to encourage the students to use their second language outside the classroom through outings, school activities,
students performances of various types, Coordinating the visit of different English
Speakers to interact with the students.
• I was part of the School's Academic Committee which met every week to discuss,
analyze and develop strategies to improve the academic standards of school.
English Department Coordinator
Colegio Rosario Campestre
Responsible for promoting and assessing the teaching of English, checking the relevance of the school's academic program from Pre-school to High School. I was responsible of
approving and revising the textbooks and literature books used, and creating programs of improvement, as well as providing guidance to the English teachers of all grades, planning
strategies that resulted in the continuity grade to grade of the learning of English as a
Also preparing students of 11 Grade for their State Exams (ICFES) and guiding them in the application to overseas Universities in order for them to be able to apply properly and find an
appropriate program for them if desire.
• I developed a learning tool: The Language Lab, which I coordinated and promoted
its use in all the grades. I trained the teachers for its use as an important teaching
• I coordinated school events such as English day, with the purpose of incorporating
elements of English-speaking cultures to the lives of the students, and promoted the use of everyday English enhancing oral and written skills.
• During the two years of my work the State Tests showed the school achieved a high
score in English, and more than 40% of the individual results were of SH
(significantly high)being the most favorable results obtained by the school in the last
• I developed the reading plan for the elementary grades which complement the learning of a second language, encouraging the habit of reading in small children, as a basic instrument in the improvement and learning of English as a Second
• I was part of the assessment group implementing the EFQM Quality System for the
Responsible of translating technical manuals, documents and training material for Tetra Pak
• I translated programs of continuous and focused improvement that this company from Sweden was implementing worldwide.
• I developed the Spanish version of technical training for Tetra Pak employees.
• I translated legal documents such as contracts and technical specifications for the
Financial and Commercial areas of the company.
Jardín Infantil Hans Andersen
Responsible for introducing the English Language to children from 3 to 5 years old.
• I developed an introductory English program, which at the end of the first cycle showed the children had learned a basic vocabulary: numbers 1-10, colors, shapes, animals,
opposites, thus initiating their adaptation and enthusiasm for the learning of English,
bases for their bilingualism.
• Within the program I conducted activities which allowed the children to interiorize the learned vocabulary and understand concepts and commands basic for a class -related
COCA COLA SERVICIOS DE COLOMBIA - Bogotá, Colombia
Responsible of translating technical manuals and documents for the Product Integrity
• I translated confidential technical manuals, which were distributed to all Latin America,
given the quality and the use of an International Spanish, countries such as Mexico, and
Costa Rica requested their own translation of manuals to Colombia, afterwards.
Assistant Director of Final research Papers on Education
Universidad Distrital de Colombia
Responsible for helping a group of Elementary School Teachers through their final Graduate
Research Paper on Group Working Skills within different areas.
• Gathered reading and research material and conducted the discussions thereafter.
• Clerked discussion meetings on various issues regarding the main investigation.
• Supervised the design and implementation of workshops and activities in the classrooms aimed to help students achieve a common goal working together.
• Helped the teachers prepare the oral presentation of their Final Papers.
Member of the School Processes Group of Psychology
Universidad Nacinal De Colombia
Responsible for overseeing the implementation of the new Laws of Education in some
elementary school of the ghettoes of Bogotá.
• Coordinate meetings with all the teaching staff to discuss different issues on education and psychology of education.
• Guide the staff through the implementation of the P.E.I. (Educative Institutional
Plan), which is a plan every school has to have in order to follow a single guideline of education for their students. It includes recognizing the needs of the student body and the parents as well as the needs of the student body and the parents as well as the needs of the community of the area in which the school is placed,
• Helped the teachers and other staff understand the importance of bringing together the parents and have them involved on their children educational process.
INSTITUTO MATERNO INFANTIL
Conductor of Workshop on Teenage Mothers.
Responsible for designing and conducting a series of workshops for teenage mothers, aimed to minimize the risk of negligence toward their newborns, by reinforcing early emotional attachment.
• Teach teenage mothers ages 12-19, basic skills on childcare, breastfeeding and psychological and emotional development of the newborn, by reinforcing early emotional
• Compile theoretical information on teenage psychosexual development and teenage
• Being in charged of gathering statistical information on teenage mothers in the city of
Teacher of English as a Second Language
Responsible for teaching basic, intermediate and advanced English classes to children ages
• Teach the most important grammar structures emphasizing vocabulary and pronunciation.
• I conducted activities which enable the student to work through the embarrassment
felt as a result of lacking confidence on the fluency of a new language.
• I designed and taught a special English course of preparation and practice for the foreign language section of the ICFES (Mandatory State Exam)
Teacher of English as a Second Language
COCA-COLA DE COLOMBIA
Responsible for teaching basic, intermediate and advanced English classes to adults of the
Technical Department of the Company.
• Grammar Level Course: Introduction of basic structures, vocabulary, pronunciation,
reading and writing skills.
• Intermediate Level Course: Teaching of more advanced structures, everyday vocabulary,
slang and other common structures, Development of oral skills( fluency and
• Advanced Level Course: Introduction of literature and other advanced reading material.
Enrichment of vocabulary, discussions and debates to develop oral fluency. Assisting of the preparation of different work related events (such oral presentations or written
reports) the students need to do in English.
WEST LIBERTY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
January 1990 - May 1990
Responsible for assisting the kindergarten teacher of immigrant Latin American Children
• Help the Spanish speaking kindergartens adjust to their new culture, language and school.
• Being a link between non-Spanish speaking teacher and non-English speaking
• Help the children find new English speaking friends and minimize the stress caused by a situation of cultural transition.
Member of Committee
HERBERT HOOVER MUSEUM
Participant member in planning and displaying of the Historical and cultural exposition:"100
years of Quaker Education", regarding the history of Scattergood Friends School.
• Responsible for designing the stands displaying features and photos of the School throughout the century.
Volunteer assistant teacher for the hearing impaired. Grades 6-8.
Qualifications & Certifications
TESL 250-hour Diploma
Specialization on Bilingual Education
Universidad El Bosque
Universidad Nacional de Colombia
Scattergood Friends School
Scattergood Friends School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more