I am a qualified physiotherapist from Mumbai, India and actively looking for a job as a Physiotherapy assistant in order to be able to study further and eventually give my tests and be a licensed Physiotherapist in Australia.
I have extensive experience in dealing with and handling Musculoskeletal, Neurological and Cardiovascular conditions of varying degrees. I have also worked in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Ramakrishna Mission Hospital, Khar, Mumbai.
Sporting Spirit, Juhu
May 2012 - September 2012
Mumbai - 400049
Part time Physiotherapist (24hrs/week)
August 2010 - October 2013
Provided inpatient and outpatient physiotherapy services to a 69 bed hospital (9 beds of ICU). Assessed patients' needs and developed and provided treatment goals and programs to the patients in accordance with the treating physicians for optimal results.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND CONTRIBUTIONS
• Assessment and planning of patient care followed by restoring of functions in patients with varied levels of disabilities (including stroke, road traffic accidents, acute brain injuries, other neurological injuries, loss of limb).
• Administering a suitable modality and exercise program including stretches, strengthening, gait training, balance training, range of motion exercises, etc after a thorough examination of patients.
• Appropriate and timely management of a high volume case load, both inpatient as well as outpatient.
• Prescribing and helping patients in the use of crutches, braces, wheelchairs, splints, canes and other prosthetic/ orthotic devices.
• Efficient Respiratory physiotherapy techniques used in the ICU.
• Documenting and maintaining clinical records on a regular basis and seeking advice from other health professionals when deemed necessary.
• Participate in discussions and courses with my fellow team members to keep updated on various techniques.
• Communicate with the Consultants and Medical practitioners to discuss patient status, progress and further services needed.
Dr. Subodh Mehta Polyclinic
May 2010 - November 2010
Provided Physiotherapy care to a varied spectrum of patients, most often musculoskeletal conditions.
• Single handedly assessing and planning appropriate patient care.
• Recording and maintaining patient records to assist in prognosis and further planning.
• Maintaining the physiotherapy equipment and other facilities used for therapy.
Ramakrishna Mission Hospital
May 2010 - August 2010
Khar, Mumbai - 400052
Qualifications & Certifications
Maharashtra University of Health Sciences
K.J.Somaiya College of Physiotherapy
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more