• Adept at process improvement and quality management of business processes.
• Acquires a clear understanding of the technology trends with the distinction of instituting new practices to achieve business excellence at the lowest overall cost.
• Key competencies in business requirements documentation, project management, business analysis, business as well as operations management.
• Possess a very strong understanding of the specific business processes being addressed, along with the ability to bridge the gap between the business & the technical worlds.
• Core strengths in database designing, development, maintenance, e-governance and data centre operations management. Proficiency in using business intelligence tools viz. COGNOS, VBA and macros.
• Innate capability to compile and consolidate various complex MIS reports showcasing various details for smooth decision making.
• A project planner with demonstrated success in end-to-end project management by ensuring effective management of various resources to meet the project objectives.
• Extensive experience of environments requiring direct customer interaction during specifications, effort estimation, development, product implementation phases & production support.
• Hands-on experience in end-to-end development of software products from requirement analysis to system study, designing, coding, testing, de- bugging, documentation and implementation.
• Keen planner and farsighted with strengths to perceive beyond obvious. Exceptionally well organized with a track record that demonstrates self motivation, creativity, and initiative to achieve both personal & corporate goals.
• An effective communicator with excellent relationship building & interpersonal skills. Strong analytical, problem solving & organizational abilities. Possess a flexible & detail oriented attitude.
Software Project Manager
SAMBA Financial Group – Riyadh, KSA
April 2003 - March 2011
• Built & deployed the Quality Management processes & tools.
• Identified key metrics & ensured effective measurement of the processes by publishing dashboards.
• Geared the activities to ensure services are delivered in accordance with standard agreed processes, and supervised the effective deployment of new quality guidelines.
• Worked with the business and provided required MIS to enable periodical reviews.
• Understanding the business process management and business requirements of the customers and translating them to specific software requirements.
• Evaluating the information gathered through workshops and surveys, business process description and task analysis.
• Donned the responsibility of managing the project related activities including scheduling, estimation, metrics, quality & reviews and resource allocation.
• Pioneer in establishing a review process to validate adherence to the defined Service Delivery Management processes as part of ongoing delivery.
• Interface & coordinate between business units, technology teams and support teams.
• Actively involved in managing the complete business cycle including need assessment, preparing IT Blueprint, strategic management, and delivering quality technical/business solutions.
• Contributed significantly in business analysis, studying the process, collection of matrix, read, analyze and ensure that it confirm to quality standard.
• Accomplish responsibility for evaluating the information gathered through workshops and surveys, business process description and task analysis.
• Shouldered the responsibility of developing many dashboards using Excel macros viz. Vital Few reports, Returned Mail desktop, P/L reports (Basel II format), Quality Surveys etc.
• Drove the efforts for developing various reports for analysis & presentations.
• Geared the activities for analyzing data and to create/generate/develop reports by using MS Excel and COGNOS tools.
Saudi British Bank – Riyadh, KSA
August 2002 - March 2003
• Overall responsible for managing the DB2 UDB databases including daily monitoring & fine-tuning the databases.
• Devised effective strategies for maintaining the authorities & privileges to the DB2 entities.
• Judiciously scheduled backups & recovery, database housekeeping, problem handling and maintained audits.
• Demonstrated capabilities in mapping client’s needs and conducting gap analysis to devise cost effective end-to-end IT solutions to maximize value perception for the customer.
• Successfully created views and granted privileges to the users as required to their access.
• Instrumental in implementing data movement utilities i.e. import/export, load and db2move.
Computer Advanced Systems Est. (CASE) – Riyadh, KSA
June 2000 - June 2002
• Pioneer in managing the coordination of the development of the data structures, transformation and data loading.
• Ensured end-to-end management of projects from conceptualization and visualization to technology mapping and final execution of projects.
• Administered and led team members; allocating resources among team members and guiding them during the project till the final delivery.
• Hold review meetings to monitor progress of the project as per the schedule, and ensuring timely completion and delivery of the project to the client.
• Delivered and implemented the project as per scheduled deadlines; planning and coordinating post-implementation and maintenance support to the technical support team and client.
• Implemented project plans within deadlines, ensuring customer satisfaction and getting repeat /new business.
• Developed plans for managing the environment setup for code synchronization.
• Drafted functional requirements using models and diagrams to represent the processes & functions involved.
• Assisted in functional testing of the new system and ensuring that it meets the user specifications.
• Accountable for coding and reviewing code for initial defect’s identification.
• Steered the proceedings for preparing system test plan for functionality check; supporting & resolving UAT issues and errors.
• Dexterously provided post-implementation, enhancement and maintenance support to client for application.
• Meticulously documented all major activities for effective reference and use.
• Responded to end user’s requests for information and resolved discrepancies in data reports.
Abacus Computers Ltd. – Mumbai, India
June 1999 - April 2000
· Responsibilities include development and management of the resources and vendors for the project
· Executed various activities including developing & maintaining Applications.
· Conducted Training for the newly recruited Team Members, Customers and End-Users.
Raji Consultants Pvt. Ltd. – Mumbai, India
July 1994 - May 1999
· Commenced career as analyst programmer.
· Involved in the development, maintenance & monitoring of various Applications including planning & installation of new Applications and coordinated with the Technical Support & Hardware Vendors.
· Responsible for following up with the System Operators on Daily, Weekly & Monthly Backup and also Maintenance & Programming of PC Applications & Voice Mail System etc.
· Conversion of application developed in FoxPro 2.5 and Clipper 5.2 to COBOL and RDBMS systems such as Oracle and Sybase.
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Mumbai
Advanced Diploma in Computer Software, System Analysis and Applications
St Xaviers Technical Institute,Mumbai
Diploma in Audio and Video (Electronics) Engg
Board of Technical Examinations, Maharastra
Nowrosjee Wadia College,Pune
Kendriya Vidyalaya,Dehu Road
Masters of Oracle Development and Administration
Smart Computers Pvt. Ltd.
ICFAI University, Hyderabad
Diploma in ACD – Exports
Boston’s Computer Institute
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more