CAE Support Specialist, MBD
Chrysler Group, LLC
May 2012 - July 2013
IT Support of CAE for MBD Analysis using ADAMS, CarSim, AMESIM and MotionView.
Senior CAE Engineer for NVH and Durability
January 2012 - May 2012
Virtual simulation of NVH function of automotive components and assemblies for body and chassis.
Senior CAE Analyst - Non Linear Analysis
April 2011 - December 2011
Simulation & analysis of Nuclear fuel storage for Navy/DOE project using Abaqus and CAE for linear and and non-linear analysis.
Senior CAE Specialist
August 2010 - January 2011
Simulation and analysis of linear and non-linear statics and dynamics structural analysis of tanks & components.
October 2009 - March 2010
Simulation, analysis and optimization of amphibious vehicles for NVH using linear and non-linear methods.
CAE Senior Engineer
June 2008 - February 2009
Developed hybrid vehicles w/CAE for NVH and durability of using Nastran, ANSA, Abaqus, MScFatigue, RADIOSS, Hyperstudy, and Hyperworks for body and chassis integration.
CAE Lead Engineer
January 2008 - June 2008
Developed CAE complete vehicle models for NVH, impact and durability using Nastran, iSight, LS Dyna, Hyperstudy, Hypermesh, Ansa, Ncode, Primer.
July 2007 - December 2007
Developed brake and accel. Pedals for structural durability, impact and NVH using Nastran, Abaqus LSDyna, and Hyperworks.
July 2005 - December 2006
Analyzed Construction Equipment structures of body and chassis for durability and NVH analysis using reliability, DFSS and optimization tools. Software used Nastran, Abaqus, Hyperstudy, Hypermesh, Nessus, FESAFE and iSight..
Tier 2 Automotive Suppliers
Up to June 2005
Assisted Tier 2 automotive suppliers to locate low cost quality suppliers in India to reduce manufacturing costs by 50-70%.
Initiated new projects with QRD group to plan & resolve high warranty issues e.g. seats (foam and heater wires), steering noises, and weather strips, in early phases using CAE tools.
Staff Research Engineer
* Managed Global CAE Work share for Chinese and Indian Offshore Suppliers for CAE projects.
* Planned and certified tier one weather strip suppliers for CAE Certification for GM seal business using CAE tools such as Abaqus and Marc.
* Developed theory & application of robust design & DFSS methodologies for early.
* Conducted System level integration for body and chassis using DFSS and DOE methods and CAE tools such as Abaqus, Nastran and ADAMS.
* Developed Robust Engineering methods to determine settings of critical parameters for low closing effort, glass guidance and good fit of doors, hatches and deck lids.
* Used CAE tools (Abaqus, ADAMS, Dyna, MScNastran and Nessus) to minimize variation in paint oven distortion of closures in doors & hoods.
* Completed robust design of shock absorber for durability and performance.
* Used (ADAMS and DOE) to design of sliding door to reduce operating efforts.
* Redesigned window latch geometry (Abaqus and ADAMS) to minimize effort.
* Successfully applied Taguchi method to predict road load management (w/ ADAMS)
Staff Research Engineer
July 1986 - June 1991
* Directed the development of fatigue life and crack propagation program
* Developed durability load prediction methods with ADAMS models.
GENERAL MOTORS CORP
Lead technical process development for robust design.
Lead Engineer, Advanced Chassis Analysis
From July 1985
* Directed group of 10 engineers for static and dynamic analysis.
* Evaluated and implemented 3D shape optimization program
Qualifications & Certifications
Wayne State Universirty, Detroit, MI
Wayne State University